Korg Zero4 effects fader...
    Tech Convert

Default Korg Zero4 effects fader...

Has anyone here had to replace their Zero4's effects fader or channel faders? I just bought one off ebay and it's in mint condition aesthetically but it needs a new effects fader and the channel 4 fader needs replacing. I got it for $580 with shipping. I thought it was still a decent deal, but now I'm not finding too much on replacing the faders from google. I know there's some soldering involved and I'm wondering if it'd be worth it just to pay to have it shipped off and fixed or try and save money and do it myself... Anyone else had this problem or know of any friends who have?

Default Korg Zero4 effects fader...

Call Korg to see where you can get oem replacements. Or just look for slide potentiometers with the same dimensions and electrical characteristics as the ones you need to replace. I would venture to guess these things aren't uncommon or one off potentiometers and are probably fairly standard. Shouldn't be hard to find.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

According to the last post in this thread on NI you need 100k linear 45mm faders.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?p=704529

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Well damn that was a quick response, thanks. I'm reading quite a few articles about this problem, maybe an upgrade to the fader is needed. How hard is it to swap out these faders? I'm assuming it's different for every mixer but has anyone done one of these Zero4 fader replacements on their own? How much of a pain in the a** is it?