soundscapes

Thread: soundscapes

Default soundscapes

does anyone have any experience with long nature-sounding soundscapes? ive been asked to create the sound for a multi-sensory art experience. its called 'other winter world' and its for our local arts festival. the event basically involves us booking out a big hall, which we will kit out with a fabric forest, crazy smells, berrys and shit to eat off fake bushes, crazy tactile stuff, and i VJ etc. and im in charge of the 'natural' sound of this environment. im going to a meeting tonight to get some visual representation to work with.
    i dont really have experience with soundscapes so if anyone has any pointers im keen

this is not really relevant but i think its awesome, it turns into a dnb gig later in the night! chur
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Guru

jungle anyone?

heh hard out

Tech Guru

look into ambient dubstep imo.

Geiom, Scuba, Headhunter, Appleblim, Emalkay, Shackleton, Burial, Martyn etc

Tech Guru

look up Brian Eno.

i wanna be fully reponsible for the sound. dubstep is genre i could use to represent the sound im looking for, but id rather make the sound myself.like, dubstep is doing that within its medium, but i dont want that medium, so, dubstep without the dub or the step, just all the bits in between.
    i dont wanna be DJing, i wanna be producing crazy noise live, im just lacking direction and method. i have the massive synth on ableton and ive been messing around with it, im gettin the sounds i want

I have a background in Theatrical Sound Design so i think i can help you out. I have a couple of things posted on myspace, but i haven't updated that site for a few years now. It's still up, just not used. Check it out and let me know if i can be of help. I'll be on the crackberry all day so I'll be able to check PMs and whatnot or AIM me

myspace.com/wildumaopsound
    AIM: DamienDnB

shot cuz. i dont think i can use myspace from here so might not be able to check it out until the weekend. ive got a meeting tonight which will hopefully give me all the parameter i need (presence/time etc) but itd be sweet to pick your brain when i know more. so ill let ya know. cheers cuz

Tech Guru

Massive is good but IMO use Circle. Its waaaaay better for live stuff imo.

You need a keyboard (tho the keys on your comp would be ok) and some knobs to fiddle with. Then just have a few synth layers in ableton as well as a few sample layers (2 of each is good).

Get some nice long ambient samples and perhaps some simple beats and definately some percussion loops (bongos etc) and layer those up n mix them in and out with the synth (one lead and one bass).

Thats what I'd do anyway.

awesome bro tats what im talkin about