Looking for a Banging Halloween Track: Ghostbusting - Manny Romano
    Tech Wizard

Default Looking for a Banging Halloween Track: Ghostbusting - Manny Romano

Some dope bass with a some ghostbusters samples sprinkled in also make sure to listen to the last 3/4 of the track.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers

Not bad; I feel like the drop at 2:43 could use a little more energy. I don't think the drop matched up with the intensity of the buildup.

Tech Guru

Thank you for not doing a straight up Ghostbusters Remix. I love me some ghostbusters but I swear to god if I have to hear Ray Parker Jr. belt out that line one more time I'm gonna kill someone, well if they use it for the new movie that's ok only cause it'll be a NEW ghostbusters movie.

But like the previous post it's a good start needs more polish IMHO.

P.S. Not to hijack your post but there's one particular track that happens to release on October 31st and love it or hate it I guarantee every DJ will be playing it at least once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I_YRiR1JjQ
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the feedback @bartboy & @hypernia. I definitely didn't want to make a another ghostbusters remix. I actually made the track by coincidence when I was trying to learn some new bassline distortion techniques. Halfway through it reminded me of ghostbusters. Since it was Halloween season I put two and two together and there it is.

Looking back I definitely think I rushed it...so i could get it out for the season. I'll definitely work on it and maybe do a re-release next year.

Tech Guru

That's a great idea I mean if you tweak it enough you could make it less like a seasonal track. It's a great start though and I would totally work on it some more for next year though.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)