Welp I need some advice

Default Welp I need some advice

So I was talking to a promoter and he's willing to possibly book me but only if I can bring people.

what should I do? Most people I know are people online and people not into the clubscene
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

Try to promote around the city? Post on facebook groups about edm in your area... That is hard if you don't know too many people in your local.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMM View Post
    Try to promote around the city? Post on facebook groups about edm in your area... That is hard if you don't know too many people in your local.

Thankfully I have a friend who has been in the clubs for a while and I also know another DJ that I can possibly hookup with.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Tech Mentor

and...convert people to like the club scene

The promoter gave you the requirement of having a following for him to book you. So first you need to get a following. So honor it. Get a following.
    While you are promoting yourself to acquire a crowd that will show up when you play, You might be able to talk him into letting you play early during slow times or on weekdays to help you get some fans. Use that time to make contact with potential fans, get emails, hand out mix CDs etc. Get your Facebook and webpage going, promotional materials, ect. So you can get you name out to potential followers.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    The promoter gave you the requirement of having a following for him to book you. So first you need to get a following. So honor it. Get a following.
    While you are promoting yourself to acquire a crowd that will show up when you play, You might be able to talk him into letting you play early during slow times or on weekdays to help you get some fans. Use that time to make contact with potential fans, get emails, hand out mix CDs etc. Get your Facebook and webpage going, promotional materials, ect. So you can get you name out to potential followers.
    it's not a club
    It's pretty much anywhere they can get an event at.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Ah I see. Maybe a bar or club would be the place to start then. Hard to get fans if you aren't playing out. House parties could work also, but because they are smaller so it would take longer.
    I know it sucks, but you usually can't start in the middle or top. Got to work your way up.