Ableton - Moldoveresque Beatjuggling..... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am thinking we should try something like this with the new ableton looper to see if we can get a rolling buffer going, get rid of the deleting issue and get rid of midi to keystroke.

No reason why this couldnt be possible.

S4racen - I am massively impressed with this. I can't wait to try it out...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I am thinking we should try something like this with the new ableton looper to see if we can get a rolling buffer going, get rid of the deleting issue and get rid of midi to keystroke.

No reason why this couldnt be possible.
    That'd be wicked, i've not really got to grips with the looper yet so i need to get a minute to see what it can do, you could effectively have 8 loopers in a rack turning on and off??

Cheers
    D

Quote Originally Posted by S4racen View Post
    That'd be wicked, i've not really got to grips with the looper yet so i need to get a minute to see what it can do, you could effectively have 8 loopers in a rack turning on and off??

Cheers
    D
    thats kinda the idea yeah, needs to be investigated.

Great stuff!

Tech Mentor

Right then, as promised... my als file for your modification....

Gonna work on this with Bentosan but if you find some cool stuff to do with it please post it back up here.....

You'll need bomes remember to make the most of the delete function, so heres the als file......

http://rapidshare.com/files/208852221/Studio_EIGHT.als

And because i'm feeling generous here's the bomes file that will play in player......

http://rapidshare.com/files/208854348/Padkontrol.bmte

You'll just need to look at my midi mapping of the clip slots and change your settings on your padkontrol to match them.....

Cheers
    D

Tech Mentor

After a night on chat with Bentosan, i've now got the same setup but using Abletons new looper..... When it can handle more than four instances i'll post my new set up, can't get a rolling buffer but recording is still as simple as one button with deleting now a simple 1 beat midi clip! Oh yeah without any keystroke.... Just one conversion in bomes to get the loopers to play gate stylee....

Plus you now have acces to the goodness that is reverse clip and speed of clip.....

Good Times!

Cheers
    D

:eek:

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    :eek:
    Not just that.... but this morning i've racked my loopers and set up two scenes on the padKontrol...

The first gives me access (when ableton can handle it) to 16 jump points in a 2 bar loop....

The second, the top row sets and records cue points, as long as you need them to be (think four permanent loopers)

The second row sets these into looping or turns them off....

The third is a stab for bringing the cues/loops in gate style...

The fourth row acts as switches to reverse the samples....

Isn't that a bit like how Traktor works???

Cheers
    D

Yeah creating a rolling buffer with the loopers is possible the problem comes in when you try to retrigger clips while the buffer is recording. Sadly the looper wasnt programmed with such crazyness in mind When your trying to trigger a clip and then it starts recording halfway though playback it cuts the playback sample off short. There are still some other alternatives so i wouldnt say the battles over yet, but clists beatlookup is still looking like the best method of remashing a rolling buffer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast