Bit of knowledge if you please
    Tech Convert

Default Bit of knowledge if you please

Hey guys I'm new to the site, I need some help if you can as ive searched up and down with no prevail.

Im purchasing the ddj-t1 in january but for the time being ive bought traktor pro 2 for my laptop. Now ive always been a turntable/cdj sorta guy so all this is competely new to me. I've downloaded the trial version before purchasing the full copy so have an idea of how its laid out etc but have a few questions if you could help it would be appreciated.

1- if i want to record a mix from traktor direct to my laptop do I need anything else to assist?

2- as for soundcards im completely oblivious to this as the laptop was mainly used for browsing the net sooooo do i need a specific soundcard ive seen the audio 2 but is there anything else worthy?

3- if i want to play a mix live from my laptop to a sound system what kind of cable would i need and does this cable plug into the headphone socket on my laptop

thanks again guys

1. No, traktor can record your digital files while using them in the program.

2.In the t1 there already is a soundcard that enables you to pre-listen to tracks in your headphones. So unless you really need a card now, you will get a built in.

3. If I were you I would not connect my laptop directly to a sound system (active speakers or amplifier). I would go through a DAC(digital to analogue converter, or a soundcard if you like to call it that for optimized sound quality). If you don't think that the audioquality matters you can hook up your laptop through a 3.5mm audio cable to split RCA(red/white) and plugin directly to amplifier (if you have one).
    When you get your t1 you will need 2xrca to 2xrca and then you will connect your controller to amplifier and get sound from computer to controller(soundcard in the controller) via USB(which is included).

link to cable
    http://www.google.com/imgres?q=3.5mm...VtPHGAQ&zoom=1
    Hope this helped

If you want to record in Traktor, make sure you have the global section enabled. Preferences -> Global Section -> Check "Show Global Section"

On the right-hand side of Traktor, there's a cassette tape icon, which is Traktor's built-in recorder.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Convert

hey guys thanks for the replies/help.

so let me get this clear

1- i can record a mix straight from traktor on my laptop without having to use any kind of other things or programmes ( i'm used to recording a mix to a seperate cd recorder ) and if im not using a soundcard when recording my mix its not going to affect the final result?

2- the soundcard question was mainly for if i ever take my gear round to a friends house for a mix he has a much better set up than me so didnt want to get there and find we couldnt use the laptop and traktor.

thanks again for your time guys

1) Traktor's built-in recorder records the master output, so anything played out will be recorded (that includes those damn screw-ups!). If you have your audio sent out to some effects unit, say Pioneer's EFX-1000, you'll need an external recorder to record those effects.

2) The Audio 2 is sufficient enough if you're just going to use controllers + laptop. You'll need an Audio 6 or Audio 10 if you want to use timecoded CDs or vinyl.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻