Perfect Mix
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Mix

Tech Wizard

Default Perfect Mix

Hi,

What transition is seen as a perfect mix?

The transitions done by AvB, Guetta, Schulz etc. aren't too great, they just blend songs for 5 seconds, track B @ 50% volume, and turn up B's volume and bass @ a breakdown of track A.

I've googled it a couple of times, and there are alot of videos and stickied-threads about how to transition using different techniques, but none had an example of what perfect sounds like. This video by Ean Golden does have a pretty good example, but I've heard better(from him)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIsPx-8-_Is

Here is a short mix, so this isn't going to get locked:

I appreciate feedback, but this mix isn't why I started this thread. I haven't tried hard on it, I was learning, eating, etc. while mixing.

Thanks for reading, and I apologize for the bad grammar
    Traktor Pro 2 + Numark Mixtrack

Tech Mentor

this mix is really good mate. awesome work! dont tell me you really made this on one of those little 100$ numark mixtracks tho???

Tech Mentor

post tracklist tho..

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djaydg View Post
    this mix is really good mate. awesome work! dont tell me you really made this on one of those little 100$ numark mixtracks tho???
    Yeah I did it on my Mixtrack. I can make better mixes, and I sure as **** can do better mastering. Funny thing: playing the Mp3 lets my bass explode, while playing the soundcloud lets my regular speaker explode of treble..

Tnx for liking it!

EDIT:

Tracklist:
    1. Mike Sonar - Reborn
    2. Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge Feat. Meighan Nealon - Faces
    3. W & W - Alpha
    Last edited by Br4M; 11-01-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Tech Mentor

mastering is an art. I still cant believe you mixed this on one of those things tho, props man. that thing didnt last more than a few days for me

Tech Wizard

mastering is an art. I still cant believe you mixed this on one of those things tho, props man. that thing didnt last more than a few days for me
    I think it's pretty well-build.. hard plastic. Mastering can be an art(havent tried it), Audacity just fucked this one up. Compare the soundcloud one to this one:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?80cz98jx9znj69b
    (or its the EQ of AIMP)

but the mix -transitions- sound horrible to me..

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

True perfection lies in the realization that perfection can only be found through imperfection.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    True perfection lies in the realization that perfection can only be found through imperfection.
    i was gonna say something like this but mine just woulda been all effed up. damn tongue twister

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

i was gonna say something like this but mine just woulda been all effed up. damn tongue twister
    lol, I googled perfection quotes, but didn't find any I liked so I just made something up. This stuff flows out of me like a broken toilet!

A more serious answer is that there really is no perfect mix. One man's perfect sounding mix is different from another so since they're all based on perception finding perfection is next to impossible.

And you can make some damn fine sounding mixes on nothing but a keyboard if you know what you're doing.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    And you can make some damn fine sounding mixes on nothing but a keyboard if you know what you're doing.
    true that! i just always think back to the platters on that thing and how god damn hard it to drop a beat in without it jumping all over the place!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast