Recording problems!

Default Recording problems!

What's up guys,
    I have a numark mixdeck wired to Traktor pro 2 through the usb wire,
    My issue is that i'm trying to recording a mix with only Channel 1 playing through Traktor on the computer, While channel 2 plays samples and scratching through the mixdeck itself. Is there anyway to record both these channels at once?
    If not how can I record just the deck scratching?
    have tried using Logic pro 9, also tried plugging into a fasttrack then plugging that into computer.
    I am very confused and sick of messing with wires and inputs/outputs!

To keep the mods happy delete your other post in the Controllers mods sub forum.
    Edit: looks like a mod moved it to this forum.
    If you are using Traktor Pro 2 just do everything in Traktor and use its built in recorder. Otherwise you will need to put your sound card out puts (of the mixdeck) into another device that can record the output. The fast track should do it, but you have to have software recording the signal from the fast track. Also I'm not really sure how well 2 soundcards running on the same computer would work, as I have never tried it.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 11-02-2011 at 12:41 AM.

I'm new to this forum so I kinda have no idea how to delete posts.
    But I would record within traktor if I could figure out how to make the scratching sound nice.
    The scratching on the mixdeck sounds much crispier, how should I wire the numark- to fast track? And I can use logic pro to record sound, however I was trying it before and had no luck. I tried using the RCA cables from mixdeck record output, to the fasttrack, then fastrack to the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Satbroski823 View Post
    I tried using the RCA cables from mixdeck record output, to the fasttrack, then fastrack to the computer.
    The mixdeck record or main outs into the fast track should work, but you need to make sure the correct sound card is selected in Logic. As I stated before, I'm not sure on using multiple sound cards on the same computer. Couldn't you use the mixdeck's record to iPod function to bypass the hassles?

It's easier to wire the output of your mixdeck directly into your mic-in port of your computer and record that via GarageBand or Audacity.
    That's how I do it with my mixdeck.
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page