New Audio 6 vs used Audio 8?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New Audio 6 vs used Audio 8?

I'm going to need to get a soundcard to rotate between the occasion I want timecode support (while the db4 still isn't certified), playing out, and for my production desktop.

So I'm kind of torn between finding a used audio 8 or just grabbing a new audio 6. I can probably get an audio 6 for around $220 and an audio 8 for about $200.

I was never a fan of multicore cables so it's nice they added a thru function with optional power supply- so I'm guessing it works like a serato box where you can unplug usb and if the power supply is connected it will automatically go to thru so you can play a cd/usb/vinyl or whatever without hitting any buttons on the box or anything.

I'm not sure how much the extra channel on the audio 8 matters with traktor routing. The odds of being able to hook into all four channels on a mixer are small and 3 is already a lot. With traktor routing you can just set decks a and b to channel 1 and 2 and then run both sample decks through the third channel on the mixer (and still have full volume control of each sample deck with the sample slot volume knobs).

I wonder if it would still be nice to have the 4th channel option on the audio 8 though in case I want to route maschine or something or had the option to use all 4 channels of a mixer if I was playing somewhere.

I know you dont need to use multicore cables with an audio 8 but the way the connectors are set up with red, yellow, black, and white for 1,2,3,4 is much more confusing than having two red and white stereo rcas for the left and right input and output.

The 6 comes with traktor pro 2 which doesn't really mean much since you can't transfer it and it's not scratch.

which would you choose?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Sometimes I'll use my fourth channel for preview.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Honestly, I'd personally wait and pony up for the Audio 10. That way, you don't really have to think about ports, you can have everything setup fully, and you won't ever say, man, I wish I could connect this "other thing" in.

That's just me though. If I can't have what I want in the end, I wait until I can (saving in the meantime).

Honestly between the 6 and 8, I really don't see much of a difference other than if you want to get something brand new, or something used. Just go with whatever you can get cheaper honestly.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

the more routing options the better i'd say. if it's not now, it might be in the future. Unless the thru option is really something you're gonna use I would recommend the audio 8 over the 6.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    Honestly, I'd personally wait and pony up for the Audio 10. That way, you don't really have to think about ports, you can have everything setup fully, and you won't ever say, man, I wish I could connect this "other thing" in.

That's just me though. If I can't have what I want in the end, I wait until I can (saving in the meantime).

Honestly between the 6 and 8, I really don't see much of a difference other than if you want to get something brand new, or something used. Just go with whatever you can get cheaper honestly.
    definitely not worth dropping $400 on an audio 10 for me.

I'm probably leaning towards an audio 8 it seems although the small updates on the 6 are nice.

Tech Guru

from my experience the drivers seem to be more stable for the 4 and 8, than the 6 and 10. the issues with the 6 and 10 seem to be with certain processors on windows 7, vista seems to run fine. Been trouble shooting for a few friends

i´d also say you should get the audio8 if you can get one. i have it and i love it! wouldn´t trade it for an audio6.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

Definitely audio 8, midi ports, mic input, real time monitoring with the inputs 5 and 6.

So do you have traktor scratch already yeah?

Audio 10 is bad ass imo
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    So do you have traktor scratch already yeah?

Audio 10 is bad ass imo
    yeah, I have traktor scratch pro I am going to upgrade to scratch pro 2.

I don't like the obligatory ac adapter, that's enough for me to get an audio 8 over it not to mention the price.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast