Some help with Midi understanding

Default Some help with Midi understanding

Hi, Ive been using the VCI and traktor for quite some time now, but I always used the default config...

What I want from my VCI-100 is that on the top button (loop*4, key, jobweel) to direct effect... on deck A, I want to be able to trigger the dealay with one of those button... but I dont seem to see how I can actually trigger taht effect on its on... Yes I can use the normal way, (select the effect then use the normal effect button) I hope I make sense.

Let me know

Thanks

This is unfortunately just one of those limitations that is in the VCI's standard firmware. There's no way to assign controls to effects other than the effect you have selected in the Traktor details section. Routing to Ableton etc. will give you more options though from what I gather has been said in other threads.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Hmmm fine...
    I also have a korg Microkontrol...
    Is there any CC that directly triggers an effect?
    Im actually looking for a sheet, pdf, any info on what triggers what in traktor...

Im also staking money for a Xone 4D... hopefully I ca make everything work without it, otherwise I go for that an should have all Im looking for....

Thanks

Tech Wizard

Default Microkontrol user

Hi there!

I've seen you're a Microkontrol user. Could you give some tips or configurations about this Korg. I just bought it but I have no idea how to use it.

Thanks in advanced

Quote Originally Posted by cauito View Post
    I've seen you're a Microkontrol user. Could you give some tips or configurations about this Korg. I just bought it but I have no idea how to use it.
    lol...then why would you buy it? Have you read the manual on it?