an odd glitch....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default an odd glitch....

hi guys,

before i go on, i just want to say that i have my laptop optimised to the tits :P
    - win 7 64
    - smitten's optimiser
    - latency mon
    - acpi battery control method disabled
    - dpc latency checker
    - game booster
    - 8 gb ram
    - cpu idle is at 0.5% peaks at about 20% on full load
    - no other programs other than traktor, vlc media player and core bits that are needed
    - etc... etc ...

the problem im having has only been happening the last fer weeks once im set up, after about 4 or 5 minutes of playing, everything will freeze up and music will stop, probably for a second at maximum but still.... the thing is it only does it once, i played a 10 hour set on friday and it never did it again, 7 hours on saturday and only once at the beginning... anyway you get the idea.

i have tried several different usb cables, different rca cables, mixers, cdj's, even different timecode cd's and it still does it.

im using an audio 4, with scratch pro 2.0.3, i simply havent upgraded yet because im still reading that there's the odd bug, and i would like it to be 100% stable before i use it.

any ideas guys??
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Tech Guru

Might be a silly question based on the fact that you run SmiTTTens script and Game booster but, is WiFi still on? Also turn off indexing if it is still on.

What is your processor speed?
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Interested in this as well. I've had the same problem and my PC is also running an optimized dual boot system with only traktor and itunes installed.

it does it whether wifi is on or not, i have a i3 2.27ghz processor, also optimised in the settings, however im not sure about indexing??

disable all your network drivers.
    also, which audio 4 drivers are you using? i found 2.015 to be the most stable.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

@ jester, i should have said, absolutely everything like that is already disabled, ill check which driver im running, i do think it's the most recent though, but thanks,

@ gary, ill do that now and see how it goes tomorrow.

if anyone else has any more ideas let me know and ill give them a try.

cheers guys.

yeah i had problems with the 3.0 drivers for the audio 4 so went back to 2.015
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

have you turned off aero themes mate?

aero themes are off when i run the optimiser i believe, as for the drivers, ill download the older one and try that tomorrow along with disabling indexing. thanks guys, ill report back!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast