Fix to allow Traktor played tracks to play in Ableton
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Fix to allow Traktor played tracks to play in Ableton

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what i do about tracks that have been played in Traktor not being able to play in ableton???

Aparantly its something to do with the tags that Traktor writes to the MP3.

Pleeease help

I'm tearing my hair out here, just wasted an evening getting Ableton set up to fix some drifting tunes and now i get this problem

Pleeeeeaaaaassseeeee

I guess first things first... How do you strip out all traktor tags?? Tried the deleteing from traktor andchecked the option to remove tags but this seems not to have worked as track still won't play in ableton.

Then 2nd ... Once I've managed the above how do I stop this happening in the future???

Surely someone else has experienced this???

I experienced this just the other day actually, the NI boards havent been of much help either.

Hmmmm rubbish !!!

How can this have not come about sooner as we have people using both Traktor and Ableton.

Basically it looks like all my tracks I've used have been permenantly damaged now and i can no longer use them in ableton without obtaining a totally fresh copy of the track !!!

What did all you people do who reccoemnd fixing tracks that drift in ableton. Surely these have been played in Traktor so will be "traktor tagged" so will not be able to be played in ableton to fix it.

Proper confused on this one

Update!

Just read on the NI forums that turning off analyse on load and set beatgrid will stop this. The only issue i have with that is does that mean you can't then store cue points or beatgrids in my tracks?

I thought Traktor stored all this information to a seperate file / database ?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post

I thought Traktor stored all this information to a seperate file / database ?
    No, Traktor does add a Traktor-specific byte at the end of the file. Dunno if I'm explaining this correctly, but it does make a file change.

Question for all you Ableton users:
    Since Ableton only uses wav files, why is this becoming an issue? Are you just loading your mp3s and then forcing Ableton to convert them? How's your performance by doing this? Do you load an insane number of tracks like Moldover does, or are you loading them just as you need them?

Ableton doesnt only use wav .. your behind the times theer it started using mp3s from version 5 onwards i think it was. Good times

EDIT: I just want to use ableton to fix my drifting tracks at the min

I originally thought it was a problem with my mp3 encoder at first until i googled the problem and found out i wasnt the only one having the problem. Most of the time im just recording snip bits, because im using audio routing i just need to hit record. Makes is less of a pain, but its still a pain either way.

yup .. i cant believe there is no solution to this as at present this means, as far as i can tell that when i play a track in tracktor thats it !! Thats all i can do with it from then on ?

Do i really need to duplicate my collection and have one copy just for use in traktor ?

I still dont undersdtand how thes epeople that have advised fixing drifting tracks in ableton have done it, as to me it seems that this isnt possible due to this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Ableton doesnt only use wav .. your behind the times theer it started using mp3s from version 5 onwards i think it was. Good times

EDIT: I just want to use ableton to fix my drifting tracks at the min
    That's not exactly true.

Ableton converts mp3's into wav's and stores them in it's decoding cache.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast