FX preset buttons
    Tech Mentor

Default FX preset buttons

G'day DJTT (I Have Searched) I'm wondering how to map a button a preset FX group of all selected values. sorry if this is crazy simple but I can't figure it out.
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

This ought to help http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=Tce739CHTgA
    You also want to map Fx panel mode to chained.

If you want an advanced Fx with preset values this might help http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=MMI9J4Ujx3Q

If this isn't what you are looking for, please explain in more detail. Your post was a little confusing as to exactly what you are trying to achieve.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 11-02-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Tech Mentor

Sorry Mate, basically I have an APC 20 with 12 buttons unused and I want to set them so I press them and they automatically set fx to what I have preset. I have my FX in chained and have four FX groups.

Quote Originally Posted by wongaling View Post
    Sorry Mate, basically I have an APC 20 with 12 buttons unused and I want to set them so I press them and they automatically set fx to what I have preset. I have my FX in chained and have four FX groups.
    Think I got it, but to make sure.....
    You want each of the 12 buttons to set the value of one effect (4 Fx units with 3 effects per unit) and turn it on to play that one effect? do you need it to also select the effect type (ie delay beatmasher etc)?

That is simple. Just add in Fx Group
    - Effect 1 select (if you want it to select the effect type if not skip this step) Select the effect type, and the unit you want this to apply to (Fx1, Fx2, Fx3, or Fx4)

- Effect 1 amount (if you want to set the value if not skip this step) enter the value you want. And select which Fx unit you want this to apply to

-Effect on. And select which Fx unit you want this to apply to. Select toggle if you want it to stay on untill you press the button again, or hold if you want the effect on untill you let go of the button

repeat for Effect 2 and 3 on the same Fx unit.

Then repeat for the next unit selecting that unit for each step.

Tech Mentor

sweet thanks man I've got it now, this is why I love this place.

Tech Mentor

one problem I'm having a piss load of problems with the add out, I want all of my buttons to be lit green and if I press button A (which is a fx preset) it turns red but I want it to change back to green if I press button B (also an fx preset). is there a way to do this? thankyou

Not as familiar with the LEDs, and for what you are wanting to do it sounds like some modifiers will need to be used. Which isn't as easy to explain.

Take a look (search) in the mapping sub forum as I have seen a few threads on APC40 & 20 led mapping questions.

Or maybe some one with a bit more knowledge on the subject can chime in.....

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38782

^ Second post. You'll need to set an output to the button you want to have turn red to the MIDI range of 3-3 with some modifier as a condition. You could use the same modifier at a different value to make the same button light up green (MIDI range of 1-1). To get the button to turn green when you press another button, you'll have to rely on the modifiers again.

So, map said button A with the a modifier output of green, and another with red. Also map the rest of the buttons to turn green when button A is pressed, like an exclusive system.. Then repeat with the others.

I think Send Monitor State could be used here, but I haven't experimented with that yet.
    Last edited by Onimode; 11-03-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻