Karlos Santos Setup.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default Karlos Santos Setup.

I started with Traktor 1 on PC but I didn't use it to DJ, just to mess about at home. I was still using Vinyl and CD.

My mate introduced me to Traktor DJ Studio 2 and I started researching DJ software. I had seen a local guy using OtsDJ and I saw exactly what I did not want to become so i took the plunge and bought an iBook & Traktor 2.5.

After using the iBook at gigs as a backup and a library playing out of the headphone jack I started to get into Traktor and realised I needed a soundard so i followed my mates example and bought the Presonus FireBox. Probably the best soundcard I have ever owned.

Then when I was comfortable with mapping the keyboard and needed more control I looked at Midi controllers. This was when the Behringer B-Control DJ BCD2000 was still anticipated but it just seemed to take forever to become available in UK. In fact I just gave up ringing stores and then i noticed the Faderfox DX2 which looked perfect for small booths and use with turntables.

So here it is, my first digital DJ setup:

Apple iBook 1.25GHZ
    Faderfox DX2
    Presonus Firebox

(all still fully functioning)
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-29-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Next up was an upgrade to a Macbook Pro 2.16 and Traktor Scratch with the Audio 8.
    This made it possible for me to DJ with timecode and my beloved Technics which I had many years before I went digital. Crappy Vestax mixer but it did the job and still using the Faderfox.

By this time I was using Traktor DJ Studio 3 with the Faderfox as well for non-timecode gigs.

DJ Stand that i bought from eBay and assembled myself. Needless to say it wobbled and was not brilliant although years later its been painted and is in use as a deck stand in my garden.

Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-05-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Around this time I became a Moderator on the Native Instruments DJ forum and got to know Rainer G. Haselier and discussed working together on his project Traktor Bible.
    Here are all 3 Editions of The Bible. Something that I am extremely proud of. Proud of my part small part in the books success but I also feel extremely blessed to have got to know Rainer as an extremely close friend. Whatever happens with Traktor or the Bible I know that I have forged a friendship for life with someone that I would not have met if it wasnt for me mouthing off on the NI forum, so my big mouth has led to at least one good thing. (sorry for the emotional waffle)

The next stage was buying a VCI 100. Unfortunately I dont have many pics of the VCI but safe to say that it was the VCI that really made me get into controllerism and brought me to DJTechTools.

This was my second VCI which i sold on DJTT. My first was pimped out with DJTT knobs/faders/overlay but i sold it and then regretted it and bought another.

Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-05-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Fast forward a few years and I updated the MBP and added:
    2 x X1s
    Maschine
    Korg Zero4

Desolat Limited Edition Timecode.

7" Traktor Timecode
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-05-2011 at 12:19 AM.

The smallest gig I ever did. My girlfriends housemates party in her kitchen.

KRK Rokit G6
    MBP
    Audio 2 DJ

Then came the Midi Fighter. Bought second hand and dismantled and remade in the colours of a classic SNES Controller.

Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-05-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Default New House - New Studio

So a year ago me and my now fiance moved house and I got a room of my own to build a studio. Basically my girl was sick of my stuff being all over the house so I got a room for it all. Its a small room but it works.
    My mate Brian made the desk to fit as its an odd shaped room but there is about 15 foot of surface to work with.

Heres some pics of it just assembled before all my junk was put in there:

Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-05-2011 at 12:20 AM.

All the records along the back are NI Timecodes, colours, test pressings and 7" with some Frosted Plates (Butter Rugz & Flying Carpets).

Using the Scratchy Seal/NI timecode:

Using Maschine with Traktor. I don't often do this though.

Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-05-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Nice canvas that my fiances parents bought me. Very rare to see one of the same colour as my Mini (Surf Blue) as its the rarest of Mini colours.

Production is something that Im just getting my teeth back into after years of absence. Small compact setup. Crawling before I can run. The Mac Mini is more that enuff for my needs. Logic and Maschine.

The S4 side of things plus my studio mixer. Everything goes into and out of the mixer. Although the timecode setup also goes direct to the KRKs as well.

Pretty dated setup but as loud as hell.

Stuff everywhere. I use one of the Presonus soundcards for my Guitar Rig setup now which is on the other side of the room.

Just for giggles. The headphone hook that Gizmo of Skratchworx gave me.

The whole lot.

Macbook Pro 2.53
    Macbook Pro 2.16
    iBook 1.25
    Mac Mini 2.6
    Dell box of annoyance.

2 x Technics 1210s inc Flight Cases
    2 x Ortofon Qbert Cartidges
    Korg Zero 4 (now sold)
    2 x Kontrol X1
    Sennheiser HD25

Maschine
    MidiFighter
    Faderfox DX2

Audio 8 DJ Soundcard
    Presonus FireBox
    Presonus FireStudio M
    Audio 2 DJ Soundcard

Akai LPK25 Keyboard
    Alesis Q49 Keyboard

Kontrol S4
    Allen & Heath Zed 14 Mixer
    2 x KRK Rokit G6

Logic
    Traktor Scratch Pro

Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Marshall 50/50 Power Amp
    Marshall 4x12 Angled Cab with flightcase
    (which I bought from Frankie Goes To Hollywoods Guitarist hahaha true, it has his name stenciled on the side). This amp was used by Cornershop to record their hit 'Brimful of Asha' they hired it from me for £50 for the week and then made millions, lucky them but everytime i hear that guitar intro i think "thats my f*cking amp"
    Alesis Quadraverb GT
    ADA MP1 Midi Pre Amp

1000s of Records and 1000s more in a storage unit with 1000s of CDs.

Pretty much an obsession in a picture.

Thanks for looking. It's been a pleasure to share.

Peace.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-05-2011 at 12:22 AM.

This is something I want to go for as well. (Technics hooked up to the S4)

Did your mate fix the KRK standard to the desk or to the floor?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast