So the big DJTT product announcement that got delayed was...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So the big DJTT product announcement that got delayed was...

the new knobs?

If I recall, Ean was going to visit the UK last month but sadly had to cancel due to an operation. There were rumours/suggestions that DJTT were going to announce some new hardware (most people assumed a midifighter mixer).

the knobs are cool (if a little overpriced imo) but that surely can't have been the big announcement? seems a bit underwhelming to me (not trying to be rude btw).

reason I ask is because I'm in the market for a new midi mixer and I don't want to spend my money and then find DJTT has exactly the product I'm after and is about to release it!

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    the new knobs?

If I recall, Ean was going to visit the UK last month but sadly had to cancel due to an operation. There were rumours/suggestions that DJTT were going to announce some new hardware (most people assumed a midifighter mixer).

the knobs are cool (if a little overpriced imo) but that surely can't have been the big announcement? seems a bit underwhelming to me (not trying to be rude btw).

reason I ask is because I'm in the market for a new midi mixer and I don't want to spend my money and then find DJTT has exactly the product I'm after and is about to release it!

if i where you i´d wait. i don´t think that this was the big announced thing.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

i thought it was a DJTT branded beathook with led ouput and midi sync and other magical tidbits....

agree with the underwhelming-ness of the knobs and caps, and price, but it is a niche market so.... Im sure it was some kind of controller, maybe an all in one

Edit: now that i think of it an initial order of stuff from china is usually a bit more expensive, to the price may one day come down, but they need a influx of buyers first to make bigger purchases thus lowering prices..

Tech Wizard

Default Re: So the big DJTT product announcement that got delayed was...

I hope its something other than knobs, I'm in the market for a new piece of gear.
    "My friend's cat's hairdresser's botanist told me so." -Newg

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    the new knobs?

As for the knobs being overpriced, I can see your point ($50 for a set for the S4 - that's $50 for knobs and faders). Still, they do seem to be solid quality from the video. Aside from that, they're optional pieces for customization so paying a bit extra for nice and colorful knobs and faders doesn't seem too unreasonable.

As for a midi mixer... Personally I'm convinced that the reason there aren't many options out there right now is the fact that Traktor's internal mixer sounds like crap compared to external mixing, in my experience anyway. So where you'd spend probably somewhere around $3-400 on a midi mixer, you may as well take that cash and throw it at an actual mixer which will give you better sound anyway. Kinda OT but that's my 2c on the topic.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Hang on, a full S4 Knob/Fader pack is $49.00. They were twice that price on the djs-face wesbite and the shipping was nearly as much as the knobs.

I calculated about £75 for VCI 100 pack when i had one and the knobs were shit.

Doesnt see so bad to me. I fancy a white pack for my S4.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Hang on, a full S4 Knob/Fader pack is $49.00. They were twice that price on the djs-face wesbite and the shipping was nearly as much as the knobs.

I calculated about £75 for VCI 100 pack when i had one and the knobs were shit.

Doesnt see so bad to me. I fancy a white pack for my S4.
    Don't get me wrong... When I have the money to blow, I'm thinking about a green pack for my S4. Not sure how that'll blend with the black pitch faders though... Decisions decisions.

if they could get non marked ones i would definately probly go all in for my x1's and maschines... but that would purely be just to be different and cus im an impulsive buyer... i'd probly then regret paying so much

DJTT should however look into making skins aswell, i wouldnt mind as much if i got a quality skin and custom knobs/faders for 100 bux...

sure its more then getting both seperate, but i assume there is a good feeling from contributing to the community thats provided so much help...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The previous DJTT knobs were pretty terrible. Hard plastic and the middle bits fell out (although Zac was great and sent spares).
    These look much better quality. I have a problem seeing the knobs in low light conditions on the S4. These white knobs will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The previous DJTT knobs were pretty terrible. Hard plastic and the middle bits fell out (although Zac was great and sent spares).
    These look much better quality. I have a problem seeing the knobs in low light conditions on the S4. These white knobs will be great.
    btw: those knobs will fit on your korg mixer!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast