Sharing my Music sorting procedure - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

2 questions....are you a windows user?

From that, does changes tags in itunes update your windows music file?

When running traktor does itunes have to be open to use your method or can importing the collection from traktor then nullify the need for itunes?

sebastiannz

I'm using a mac. If I change a tag in iTunes and then click refresh in traktor, it will show up. THe cover art shows up in the player window just not in the crate flick thing down the bottom right of the screen. I'm not sure if this is a 'feature' or not.

@ rukks. Im a windows user, yes changing tags in itunes updates in your music file. & no itunes dosnt need to be open when using traktor, it is simply a way to sort and can then be used through traktors browser. however there are a couple of things missing as stated below in next post
    Last edited by Zaniac; 12-01-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiannz View Post
    soo... was just about to start setting up iTunes and then realised when in traktor that they still haven't added in the cover art column in the browse area. or is that just my traktor being crap?
    this has me stumped to, as I do like to browse with album covers as a help.

2 things I have noticed when browsing itunes in traktor is that cover art in not there unless you browse through track collection.

& also key does not show, In the comment field it does, but not actual key column.

there are still a few traktor to itunes intergration that need ironing out. but its still a win.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

sebastiannz

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    this has me stumped to, as I do like to browse with album covers as a help.

2 things I have noticed when browsing itunes in traktor is that cover art in not there unless you browse through track collection.

& also key does not show, In the comment field it does, but not actual key column.

there are still a few traktor to itunes intergration that need ironing out. but its still a win.
    yeah it's weird, cos the cover art does show up in the deck panel. hmm... come on NI sort it out!

i'm now trying to figure out how to work iTunes into rekordbox process.

I think best way is to use iTunes as the central hub, and think of rekordbox and Traktor as extensions.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Cover art will not show up when browsing the iTunes node. it used to, but NI got flooded with complaints about it so they took it out.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

It involved Traktor retrieving the cover art for loads of tunes at once and things grinding to a halt, from what I remember. I think NI covered the issue in one of the 'On the Record' sessions.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

sebastiannz

well that explains that

as i've pretty much switches to using itunes now and had been thinking of whether it's worth trying some key-detection app for a while... is beatunes the way to go over mixed in key or rapid evolution... not worried which gets more keys right compared to others (tho have read the blog article on them) or what notation they use too much... with now using itunes beatunes would be the best app to buy? it's also only about 30$ i think so not bad.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

zestoi I dont use beatunes and dont have any knowledge of it to offer my opinion sorry.

I am happy with Mixed in key 4, not planning on upgrading to MIK5 for now.

going to check the blog as there was a write up on a few. will be back with a result for ya soon

found it. here we go Key analysis software reviews
    Last edited by Zaniac; 12-01-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast