Help with x1 mapping - seek knob - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_dB View Post
    Sorry guys, this is looking more and more like it's not doable (at least not with an encoder). What I've come up with is using buttons that would assign both the cue/loop move size, and loop size to the same value. Problem is, there are other buttons on the X1 that would override that and change the value of either the loop size or the cue/loop move size. :/ This means that putting it on an encoder would simply change the values relative to what it was over-ridden to. You CAN change the size that the seek knob uses by default (it's the Cue/Loop Move Size mapped to Shift.Left.Browse and Shift.Right.Browse...simply change the value that it's directly mapped to.) Also, you can keep the 8count seek that it currently uses, and use beat jump left/right (set to 1 beat by default) for "finer" tuning...

Unfortunately, that's all I can come up with for now, at least until Traktor has "Loop Size Is X" as a modifier condition. But hey, they added a bunch of other cool modifier conditions with pro 2, so who knows.
    Thnx for trying.. ya - I already shorten the value on that control..

I was hoping that there was a modifier that could do pretty much what u said. Im still not up to speed at all on modifiers.. I guess I should start learning about them.

My though was that if there was a modifier that referred to the loop size (like u said) that somehow that could be referenced by the seek knob.

Thnx again!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
    I dont use anything else for loop size control besides the x1..
    Unfortunately, I still didn't find a way to make it work consistently...It's more glitchy than not, since you need 2 sets of modifiers (mod values only go up to 7, but there are 10 loop length values). Even if you only chose to use 7 of the values on a regular basis, you'd still have things to reset at every startup of traktor to make sure the modifier and loop state are "in sync". Quite the hassel.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Tech Mentor

Thnx for trying.. ya - I already shorten the value on that control..

I was hoping that there was a modifier that could do pretty much what u said. Im still not up to speed at all on modifiers.. I guess I should start learning about them.

My though was that if there was a modifier that referred to the loop size (like u said) that somehow that could be referenced by the seek knob.
    The closest modifier conditions to it are "Is In Active Loop" and "Cue/Loop Move Mode", which are both very close to what you need...
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

I just did this recently. If I understand what you're trying to do?
    I have my scrub knob (shift+browse i think) set to scrub by whatever value the loop is set to. I think I just set the 'Cue/Loop Move Size value to 'Loop' under Button Options. This is by default set to 4 beats but when set to 'loop' will just follow whatever your loop is set to. Havn't found a way to easily move the loop around like on the S4 yet though...
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    I just did this recently. If I understand what you're trying to do?
    I have my scrub knob (shift+browse i think) set to scrub by whatever value the loop is set to. I think I just set the 'Cue/Loop Move Size value to 'Loop' under Button Options. This is by default set to 4 beats but when set to 'loop' will just follow whatever your loop is set to. Havn't found a way to easily move the loop around like on the S4 yet though...
    To update everybody:

This morning, photojojo solved my problem. Its as you mentioned Alex - I basically found all my cue/loop move size and set them to "Loop". I suppose you solved my problem too but I missed the reply. So thank u!!

I set it up so that my beatjump buttons and my seek knob both refer to the "Loop" value.

As for moving the loop, I think I got that working now too:
    - SHIFT + turning the loop knob will basically move the whole loop by X amount based on what the loop knob size is set to. Did this the same way as you + jojo recommended for the move/transport knob.

I should note that Im using a custom mapping (but these changes I described above are the only mods I personally made). Otherwise its the 4 deck NHL x1 mapping thats available on NI's site.

Tech Student

To update everybody:

This morning, photojojo solved my problem. Its as you mentioned Alex - I basically found all my cue/loop move size and set them to "Loop". I suppose you solved my problem too but I missed the reply. So thank u!!

I set it up so that my beatjump buttons and my seek knob both refer to the "Loop" value.

As for moving the loop, I think I got that working now too:
    - SHIFT + turning the loop knob will basically move the whole loop by X amount based on what the loop knob size is set to. Did this the same way as you + jojo recommended for the move/transport knob.

I should note that Im using a custom mapping (but these changes I described above are the only mods I personally made). Otherwise its the 4 deck NHL x1 mapping thats available on NI's site.
    Hey, my s4 is bust so I'm going bac to scratch and an x1, would it be possible for you to post your .tsi file in the mappings section or on this thread? Gave this a shot but think I'm doing something wrong...

Thanks
    Traktor Scratch Pro, i7 MacBook Pro, 1210 mk5G's, Kontrol X1, DJM600.

Quote Originally Posted by Neolithic View Post
    Hey, my s4 is bust so I'm going bac to scratch and an x1, would it be possible for you to post your .tsi file in the mappings section or on this thread? Gave this a shot but think I'm doing something wrong...

Thanks
    +1

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

My x1 mapping in the mappings section has this function. You can look at it to see how I did it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Alright here is my X1 mapping with the scrub encoder and beat jump buttons going by loop size. I also made it so holding either of the CUP/ABS buttons makes the browse encoders browse and expand/collapse trees. I never use absolute mode or CUP.

DJ SB Kontrol X1.tsi

Default Updated version?

Hey DJ SB - Tried the mapping but doesnt seem to be working anymore. Just wondering if you have an updated version? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    Alright here is my X1 mapping with the scrub encoder and beat jump buttons going by loop size. I also made it so holding either of the CUP/ABS buttons makes the browse encoders browse and expand/collapse trees. I never use absolute mode or CUP.

DJ SB Kontrol X1.tsi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12