Timecode, Xone, Audio 10, Traktor, Recording nightmare!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Timecode, Xone, Audio 10, Traktor, Recording nightmare!

This is basic stuff i know, but its recking my brain!

So im mixing externally. I have the "record out" of my xone 22, into the deck D input (9&10) on the Audio 10, the LEDs on the deck D input is flashing so i know sound is going into the 10. I then set my mix record to input deck D in Traktor, but nothing is coming into traktors record thing. Am i missing something?

cheers in advance!
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

P.s Recording is set to external in the traktors mix recording option.

That is exactly how mine is set up to record externally, but what I have noticed, is that I don't ever see the "bars" in the record box. If you turn up your gain on your mixer you start to see them, but regardless, it is still recording.

Also, make sure you go into Audio Settings and select Timecode vinyl...

So, try playing something and see if it recorded. You may just have to turn up your volume a lot to hear it.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

You don't see the bars? Thats why Im thinking its not working. I'll check it out, cheers Gryz!

Nope don't see the bars either, but I turned up the gain on my mixer, but then it starts to redline on the v faders, so I turned it back down even though turning it up resulted in the bars on the recorder.

I was used to recording internally and it was nice to see where you were at on the recorder. You can also try increasing the gain next to the recorder, but I haven't messed with mine.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

The Xone's record out is at -10 dB (well, at least on my 42, but I guess the 22 isn't different), so you have to turn up the gain of Traktor's recorder. Something around +6 should be fine if you average your output at 0 db with peaks at +3
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Wizard

The Xone's record out is at -10 dB (well, at least on my 42, but I guess the 22 isn't different), so you have to turn up the gain of Traktor's recorder. Something around +6 should be fine if you average your output at 0 db with peaks at +3

yer same on 92 this should sort it
    Traktor Pro 2 -/- Xone 92 -/- Audio 8 DJ -/- 2x Kontrol X1 -/- Maschine -/- Xone XD53 -/- KRK RP6

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

3heads: mega advice! Nice one! I'll get a mix done today : D

Jester: you sayin I should be selecting live input on deck D?

we usually use the master or booth out on the mixer.
    @jo3 yeah when we record from the mixer i will route thru deck d. just make sure you select live input and have the input routing right.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast