Ableton suite 8 help
    Tech Mentor

Default Ableton suite 8 help

So whenever i save my project on my home computer,
    and i put the whole project on a flash drive

and put the new project on my laptop, and open it in ableton on my laptop,

for some reason the songs are always different? like the massive effects go to blank instead of how i saved the original song?
    any way to fix this?

File -> Collect all and save?
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Mentor

ok well i just did that
    and it brought this screen up, is this how its supposed to look or should i click yes for the factory files from library part as well?

Usually i just click save live set.
    and then it saves...?

You gotta save the settings in your plugins. (the native live plugins will take care of themselves).
    Click the floppy icon on the plugin's box thingy in the efx chain. See if that helps.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Lysgaard View Post
    You gotta save the settings in your plugins. (the native live plugins will take care of themselves).
    Click the floppy icon on the plugin's box thingy in the efx chain. See if that helps.
    whenever i press the floppy disk it will only save that one file in massive
    ex: if i have a wobble in my massive and i click the floppy, it will just save the current wobble i have created with massive.

im wondering how to save the WHOLE track and load it on another computer with ableton and everything works correctly

because when i got to "save live set" and i save it, then open it on another computer, my massive effects and some other things arent working and i have to make the sounds all over in massive etc

well yeah, you gotta do both of course! Load up the project on the other computer and then open up the massive preset!
    And i DO assume you are using collect all and save, simply saving doesn't do it.

Tech Mentor

so i just made a new track
    made some kicks and snares
    and added a midi massive synth

and i went to collect all and save,
    (even clicked the little floppy part and saved the sound in the project file)
    saved it and put it on my flashdrive

put the track from the flash drive to the laptop
    and opened it,
    and it still didnt work...

any clues? the midi doesnt work, the massive part, it says no preset loaded when i open up massive,

): and that happens to all my songs, the only thing it saves that works on my laptop are the drums and kicks nothing else.. not the bass.. not the effects or leadsynths or anything

Are you using a pirate version of massive? Those are real buggy, at least the ones I've tried. Other than that, I have no idea.
    Same version of both live and massive on both computers?