Too late to buy a turntable ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

iv noticed a vinyl resurgence recently

and whats this about no dn'b or dubstep being released on vinyl?!
    i usually have to wait longer for digital relaeses

Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    iv noticed a vinyl resurgence recently

and whats this about no dn'b or dubstep being released on vinyl?!
    i usually have to wait longer for digital relaeses
    It's hard as hell right now to find good vinyl sources in the US. Most of the time we are stuck importing from the UK, which has crazy expensive written all over it.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

You should not get turntables, get over it, technology moves on!! Get a controller or CDJs with a DVS

Quote Originally Posted by gmaister22 View Post
    You should not get turntables, get over it, technology moves on!! Get a controller or CDJs with a DVS
    Using CDJs and a DJM to control any piece of software sounds ridicules to me, more then €1500 for a midi controller with relatively limited options.
    I am super happy that I never picked up the 350 series, what an utter waste of money.
    However if I have to use CDJs because of an emergency, well I got reckordbox on my laptop but still I'm pretty much fucked.

But TT are a much more appealing form of backup :P

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Using CDJs and a DJM to control any piece of software sounds ridicules to me, more then €1500 for a midi controller with relatively limited options.
    I am super happy that I never picked up the 350 series, what an utter waste of money.
    However if I have to use CDJs because of an emergency, well I got reckordbox on my laptop but still I'm pretty much fucked.

But TT are a much more appealing form of backup :P
    It sounds to me that you're trying to fit your idea for getting a TT into something that its not. If you want to learn the proper way to scratch, get a TT. If you want to experience beatmatching totally by ear, get a TT. If you want to learn timing and how to beat juggle get 2 TT's. But it doesn't sound like you really want any of these things, its sounds like you want a TT because its cool. Your first "Pro" was because its cool. A TT as a more appealing backup? Really? A back up is just that, to back up your system if your main system goes down. If your laptop crashes, so now you have 1 TT with 10 records, how is that a back up?? A back up would be another laptop which you could get for the price of a 1200. CDJ's that could take CD's that you could burn to "back up" your music. A flash drive. These are back ups, getting a TT for you would be a novelty so you can look "cool".

Mudo

Buy the new Denon controller (I don't remember the name at this moment) which is like 3700 but only controller (It wasn't released yet)

More flexible, more portable, more funny than turntables (which are cool but only if you have wasted your last 10 years dealing with them IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudo View Post
    Buy the new Denon controller (I don't remember the name at this moment) which is like 3700 but only controller (It wasn't released yet)

More flexible, more portable, more funny than turntables (which are cool but only if you have wasted your last 10 years dealing with them IMO)
    The denon? Talking about this one?

just get technics and be done with it

Preach - Xonetacular!

Preach.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    just get technics and be done with it
    ^^^^^^^
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast