15 min Dubstep mix, very eager to hear your criticism !

Default 15 min Dubstep mix, very eager to hear your criticism !

Are you ready for 14 and a half minutes of 140/70 bpm goodness ?

Very eager to hear your critcism !
    (This is my first mix that I've made with my s4.)
    Last edited by Jester; 11-05-2011 at 10:55 PM.

thanks for sharing. got some critique for ya.

i feel like the track selection isn't that great. not that i dont like the tunes, but it didn't felt like you were building up energy from one tune to another. it's more like youre switching between random tracks you like. which is fair enough when youre new to the game. probably how everyone starts

also i felt like most transitions - while mostly clean - aren't interesting enough. try around with double drops (breakdown A over breakdown B) and equalize over.

make sure to maintain the same sound quality on all tunes. gain levels seem fine. try to always put a tracklist out there too. people are more likely to listen to your mix.

check out my latest mix (signature). genres match!
    Last edited by illstep; 11-05-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

track selection is definitely something I need to work on, I just selest a track with a great intro and stitch songs together as I go along, I guess I should work it out on a piece of paper before I start, but then I will have a hard time knowing if I can mix those tracks as smooth as possible

maybe some effects/samples/loops will also help with boring transitions ? and pretty sure there is a double drop at 13:00

by sound quality do you mean bitrate ?

and I'll check that mix out now

oh and btw illstep, I 've also replied to your soundcloud comments

what helped me is using "mixed in key" to roughly determine the keys of the tracks. you can then play around with tracks that match key. after some time you will a) find tracks that match amazingly and b) train your ears to "know" what track will fit another. this helped me improve my game by far.

what i like to do nowadays when i get new tracks, is my make a playlist and roughly determine which track will sound good after which. then i play around. sometimes parts of the list get discarded, sometimes i will find amazing blends which i keep to play on a gig. the more you do this the more your original playlist will be full of amazing blends just by knowing how the tracks sound. i wanna get to a point where i can do this on the fly.

i felt that there is "key, energy & style/rythm". obviously there is BPM to consider too. changing all of these in a transition basicly never makes sense. just find tracks that sound alike. sometimes this can be a completly different genre/bpm. makes for a harder transition but can sound brilliant.
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)