Live Sets?

Thread: Live Sets?

Default Live Sets?

When playing a live set in a bar / club or whatever .. do you bring your controller with you ( in this forums sake probably most people own an s4 ) ... Or do you use the clubs equipment or do you have to? ( Hoping I will play a live set down the road ) ...I've just heard from a lot of people that some places don't like you or don't have enough room to accommodate a controller you bring ... And I dunno If I want to be learning how to use the s4 and then perfecting it and then finding out that I can't even use it when I need it the most, because in the end I want it to be more than a hobby and actually want to play in clubs / bars.

This is why I sold my S4 and went back to using X1 and Audio2 through the clubs mixer. Suits me just fine!
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    This is why I sold my S4 and went back to using X1 and Audio2 through the clubs mixer. Suits me just fine!
    x1 + mixer
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

X1 + TA6 + mixer :P

Although what I actually do the most is burn CD's... Sometimes I'm not allowed to hook my own gear up... so I have to burn CD's...

Ive never not been allowed to hook my own stuff up. Does the manager just come up and say "sorry, dont touch the back of the mixer" I'd be pretty insulted if someone assumed I didnt know my way around back there.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

thats what i use @ kaek

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I'm getting a xone:22, Audio 2 and a X1, seems that's a good way to go if I ever make into a club
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    thats what i use @ kaek
    I've been meaning to ask for a while but what part of NZ are you from?

I'm from welly :P

I normally use CDJ 1Kmk3 + DJM 700. Its a real, and I mean real fuss if I have to hook up my own gear. So as a backup I buy a bunch of CD's the previous day and just burn the tracks I have to play literally on the hour before I play.

Blenheim. That pic is from Ashley Forest last weekend. Epic good times.
    slide the crane under a cdj, squeeze an x1 beside the mixer if possible and boom.