Turntable stylus and cartridge
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Turntable stylus and cartridge

So yesterday my technics sl 1210 needle broke down, it was an old stanton al-D500 mkII. Now looking for a new set of cartridges with styli, can you please recommend me something that is not too cheap and not too expensive, i'm doing a little scratching aswell.

thanks in advance

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Shure-M44-7H-Scratch-Cartridge-Headshell/dp/B0002E2LZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320596226&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Shure M44-7H Scratch Cartridge with Headshell: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31O7z9BKVxL.@@AMEPARAM@@31O7z9BKVxL[/ame]

This is what you need.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Wizard

is there any cheaper good options out there?

I've always used Stanton 500 (MKII) carts, with D5100 ALII needles. Never any problems - especially with scratching.

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I use the Shure M44-7. You don't need to buy the "H" model cos that's an M44-7 that's pre-fitted to a headshell which only adds to the cost, although it's easier to fit as you just screw it to the end of the tonearm and you're done.

For use with a DVS, I don't think there's any better cart than the 44-7 because the price is reasonable, the output is high/solid, they're about as skip-resistant as carts get and the needles last a decent length of time before needing to be replaced. There's certainly better sounding cartridges if you're spinning regular vinyl though.

Tech Wizard

can someone please explain the difference between m44-7 and n44-7, i rarely spin regular vinyl though...

Quote Originally Posted by virmantas View Post
    can someone please explain the difference between m44-7 and n44-7, i rarely spin regular vinyl though...
    M44-7H = Cart and stylus already mounted to a headshell
    M44-7 = Cart and stylus
    N44-7 = Replacement stylus

There's also the M44-G which comes with an N44-G stylus. The styli are interchangeable so you can use an N44-7 stylus in an M44-G cart and vice versa. The difference between the two is basically that the N44-G sounds a bit better, but doesn't hold the record quite as well.

Tech Mentor

the M44G is perfect for everyday use, that is if you use real vinyl. for timecode every needle you can get cheap does the job.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Tech Wizard

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHURE-N44-...ht_2330wt_1299

so this one is without headshell, thats why its much cheaper right? i dont want to buy some fake cartridges, once happened with memory stick...

This is just the stylus, you would need to buy carts too.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast