Question about Traktor Key Tagging....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Question about Traktor Key Tagging....

Hey guys, so I looked, and searched, but couldn't find any info on my small problem that I've run into.

So.... These days I'm using Beatunes3 to analyze all my tracks, then I emb the id3 tag info into my iTunes. After that I open Traktor, and normally the id3 tag info from iTunes imports straight into Traktor, all good there.

FYI... I only use iTunes with Traktor, and I'm trying to mix harmonically.

Now there is one issue I've noticed that is happening every time.

When I open Traktor for the first time all the track Keys, and Album art shows in my iTunes track list browser, but when I refresh iTunes to update my playlists, and albums, all the track Keys, and Album art disappears???? WHY?

Now the funny thing is when I load up a track, the Key info, and Album art shows in the deck, but not in the track list browser. Its very strange...

Is there something I'm missing perhaps, or maybe some setting I need to change inside Tracktor?

Thanks in advance guys!
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Bump.

Ok I was checking this out more, and I noticed that all the info is visible in the track collection , but not in iTunes on Tracktor. Now I don't use Traktor's track collection for my mixing, so is there a way to show the same info?
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The limited information available in the iTunes node is due to so many complaints of the iTunes node running so slow. There is no way to get that info.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The limited information available in the iTunes node is due to so many complaints of the iTunes node running so slow. There is no way to get that info.
    Hmmm ok so basically if I wanted the track Key to show in the list, I would need to use my Traktor track collection?

I stopped using my track collection months ago, when I had issues importing my whole iTunes collection into Traktor. It would start importing and then just shut down. I've tried everything to get it fixed but no luck, so now I just gave up, and use iTunes only.

Any other suggestions?

Tech Guru

how do you update the id3 tags automatically?

I'm on a pc and about to use MIK on all my tracks but not sure how to go about updating all my tags in traktor and itunes.

I store my files in the "my music" folder and then also in itunes and traktor track collection.

Any advice would help thanks

Tech Wizard

Wondering how to import my entire itunes collection into traktor as well. Tried it once but midway through analyzing the collection it just stopped. Would be cool if i could see key info in the tree too, anyway to make that happen?
    DJ RAGyD

HP G62 Win 7 - Traktor Pro 2 - Live 8 - Akai APC 40 - Xone DX - Nano Pad

a other question for which i didn't want to make a extra thread: does traktor scan for keys? like virtual dj or mixed in key does?

I hate iTunes man.....i just do!

I make sure the info is written to tag...and in Traktor....just make sure the coloumn for KEY is shown.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Traktor does not scan for key.

The collection not importing likely has to do with an unrecognized character in the track id3 info. Usually this is a Russian or Chinese character.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast