Updating Mac OS to X Lion
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Updating Mac OS to X Lion

Hi There,

I live in the Netherlands and in July is comming the new Mac OS X Lion.
    Is there allready someone who runs on this OS and uses the S4 and it's software?

I want to know if there are problems or not, so i can decide to purache the new OS when it's out.

Thanx...
    "Dream if you live forever, live if you will die today"

i tested lion OSX and had no problems running traktor pro 2 and ableton live 8.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Padi has as well and his reports have all been pretty good.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thank you guys, then I already know enough...
    "Dream if you live forever, live if you will die today"

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Padi has as well and his reports have all been pretty good.
    Yup

I'd still wait just a bit…but I've gotten burned by OS X updates in the past. Granted, that was my fault for not waiting for Avid to certify it, and it broke nothing but Pro Tools.

I'd still wait…give it a couple days and google "OS X Lion" with the names of the software you really need to run. Let the hardcore early adopters figure out if stuff works, 'cuz it takes forever to roll-back an update.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I'd still wait…give it a couple days and google "OS X Lion" with the names of the software you really need to run. Let the hardcore early adopters figure out if stuff works, 'cuz it takes forever to roll-back an update.
    It's always better to be on the safe side (I still have snow leo as my main boot) and yes, roll backs are a pain.

I'm hoping nothing pops up in the final build.

Tech Mentor

Avid are the only reason I won't but updating straight away, i'll give them a couple of weeks to sort themselves out with the update first before I even think about it.
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

A little off topic, I'm not the most literate computer person in the world i can make it do what i want when i want and have enough knowledge to do what i need to do.
    My question is I'm currently running the latest version of Snow Leopard and will want to upgrade to Lion, but can i just download the Lion upgrade and click the installer and not have to have a clean install, because i have no way of backing up my current files. I just want to be able to do a straight swap of Snow Leopard to Lion and leave all my files exactly where they were applications/music/documents etc.
    Will i be able to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by MLT View Post
    A little off topic, I'm not the most literate computer person in the world i can make it do what i want when i want and have enough knowledge to do what i need to do.
    My question is I'm currently running the latest version of Snow Leopard and will want to upgrade to Lion, but can i just download the Lion upgrade and click the installer and not have to have a clean install, because i have no way of backing up my current files. I just want to be able to do a straight swap of Snow Leopard to Lion and leave all my files exactly where they were applications/music/documents etc.
    Will i be able to do this?
    Pretty sure you will.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast