Let Your Body Take Control #2 (Techno, serious electronic funk, groove and Basslines)

Default Let Your Body Take Control #2 (Techno, serious electronic funk, groove and Basslines)

There's a strong Vonstroke/DirtyBird feeling to this set as quite a few of the label's releases were some favourites of mine this year (like most of them do actually). I didn't feel like using more than 2 decks this time with a few effects here and there. I used the Kontrol S4 only.

All comments mucho mucho appreciated and if you liked, don't forget to follow on mixcloud for more uploads and subscribe to my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Yul303
    Take care.

Ellen Allien - My tree (Ripperton backlash remix)
    Rampa & Re You - Feet
    Kris Wadsworth - It's time
    Sade - Love is found (Martin Brothers remix)
    No regular play - Fall up to the sky
    Shlomi Aber - The Majectic
    Detroit Grand Pubahs - Club sandwiches (Marc Romboy's Systematic Soul mix)
    Eats Everything - Entrance song
    Rainer Weichhold - Jerk chicken
    Magda & Suade - Fixation
    Jan Driver - MecaFunk
    Christian Burkhardt - Scream like
    Phil Kieran & Green Velvet - Michael Jackson (Mic Jack Out version)
    The Royal We - Party guilt (acapella)
    Justin Martin & Aardalan - Lezgo
    Hobo - Berlin Booty
    A1 Bassline - Falsehood
    Worthy & Eats Everything - Tric Trac
    Roots Panorama - Threee (Deetron Beeetz)
    Daft Punk vs Afrojack - Pacha on better Acid
    Rex The Dog & Kris Menace - POW! (Rave mix)
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Loving the vibe in this mix. Very good use of effects, smooth and flowing transitions. I could not count more than 1 or 2 small mistakes (and they would not be mistakes for the average clubber) but best of all, your mix suited the genre. So props to you for the tunes, I'll follow you for sure, I'm impressed.
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

Thanks, yep true enough that's not the most technical and perfect sounding set I ever made but that's ok. There are three things I would change if I had the time to redo it.
    - I use a fx combo on the first track during the breakdown, I shouldn't have, the effect itself isn't that subtle and it's not a very good choice, it doesn't bring anything to the track and doesn't make much musical sense. A perfect example of less is better.
    - I like long transitions most of the time but those two tracks (Justin Martin & Aardalan - Lezgo & Hobo - Berlin Booty) are way too much overlapping each other, I didn't make enough round for the second track. That's a basic mistake.
    - I fully missed the transition from A1 Bassline - Falsehood to Worthy & Eats Everything - Tric Trac. Not exactly missed as it's not a train wreck but not a very smart transition anyway, I can do way better than that.

It's always good to record and review a mix.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.