Mapping Problem: Set, Store and Map Hot Cue Points

Default Mapping Problem: Set, Store and Map Hot Cue Points

Hi,
    i am setting up my axiom 25 to controll effects and hot cue points in traktor. i've allready mapped the pads to the hot cue points on the focused deck. now i want an other key to work as a shift key, when holding down and hitting one of the pads, a cue point should be dropped, stored and mapped to the corresponding hot cue point, all without interupting playback. i tried several ways and didn't get it to work. a problem might be, that the order of execution of commands assigned to just one key is crucial...

one workaround i'm gonna try is to configuring some midi tranform tool to trigger multiple events in a defined order when the pad is hit and then map them in traktor. but there might be other problems as well, and if possible, i'd like to stay with traktor only.

does any of you mapping masters have an idea how to achieve this?

thanks in advance..

i have a 'set cue' button on my main mixer, and this lets me drop a cue point whether the track is playing or not (when its playing, it wont stop playback)

then i use a korg nanopad to do essentially the same thing. my workaround is that i have 2 shift buttons; so when no shift is engaged, all the cue points can be triggered normally (plays as long as they're held down).

now as soon as one of the shifts is used, it will cue play (cup) the corresponding cue point.

and the second shift, as you guessed it, is to save the cue to the corresponding hot cue point.

i actually thought that having 2 shifts would be a waste of buttons, but after setting them to change the state of other buttons as well, i now have 2 - 3 times more accesible controls than i used to! (using a combination of shift 1, shift 2, and shift 1 + shift 2 to engage modifiers)

meanwhile i have been advised by many other forum members to try bome's midi translator if i wanted to do anything more complicated than that (ie. mapping more than 3 controls to 1 button/knob, using loads of different sensitivity settings, modifiers.etc)

hope this helps!

thanks for your reply

and the second shift, as you guessed it, is to save the cue to the corresponding hot cue point.
    how did you actually mapped that? i experimented with "cue set + store", "select hotcue" and "map hotcue" assigned to the pad when the modifier (shift key) is set. my problem is, that i can't get the cue assigned to the corresponding hot cue point / pad. when i hold shift and hit any pad the cue point gets assigned to the first pad, not to the one i pressed.. the next time i hit a pad its assigned to the second... but i want it to be assigned exactly to the pad i hit..

Quote Originally Posted by horst hü View Post
    how did you actually mapped that?
    i just checked my mixer and mappings, and you're right, traktor doesn't actually save directly to the corresponding cue point! :eek:

the way it works is, like you said, the cue point gets saved to the next empty slot. however after this, using the second shift it is possible to map that saved cue point to any of the hotcues you have mapped. if you map a saved cue point to a hotcue that already exists, it will replace that hotcue, and you will have to press the store cue button to get it back (it will save it to the next empty slot by default)

it's not a direct method per say, but the closest way to achieve what you were after (cue point should be dropped, stored and mapped to the corresponding hot cue point, all without interrupting playback.) is to use 1 button as your set cue + store (which will set and save a cue point without interrupting playback) and then set map hotcue to all your select hotcue buttons, using a modifier to activate them. then you can map the saved cue to any of your hotcue buttons!

btw, what do midi-translator users have to say about this, is the direct way possible for you?
    Last edited by haangout; 03-12-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Tech Wizard

Don't think there is direct way to do this. I was stuck with it too but gave up. Its just the way TP works. You just have to find out what is the best alternative and how you like it most.

I'm officially bumping this post for my own benefit, maybe some new knowledge can be brought to light?
    I'm moving from deckadance to traktor and the first thing i want to do is set up hot cues the way it is done in DD, That is: shift+button 1=set hotcue 1.
    And then: button1=go to and play hot cue 1.
    (same as what Horst was asking for back in March)
    Very easy in DD. Nightmare in Traktor.
    I've tried many varieties of set cue+store, map hotcue, and select hotcue, but not getting anywhere. Ean G does madness with cue points, there's no way he doesn't have full control over where they are stored. There's got to be a workaround!! (I guess using two different shift buttons, one to store, and one to assign IS a workaround but I can't imagine that working very well on the fly.)

i know this is old but its sad it never got answered.

you guys ever heard of a nice little function called select / set + store hotcue? you assign it to a button/pad then tell it which out of the 8 hotcutes that button is and deck accordingly. if there is no hotcue set there it sets one and if you ahve the midi out set to the same button it lights the button saying its got a hotcue, to go back to that point hit the button again. thats how the x1 handles hotcues, you can set these as the track is playing without a hiccup. if you need to delete on the fly for some reason set a modifier button and test for its condition, have it delete and then optionally reset as a macro(why do in 2 steps what you can do in 1?

don't forget if our buttons have leds to set the same command for the same hotcue to the same button, it lights up to let you know what hotcues are set and not.
    [ Soundcloud | BandPage @ Facebook ]
    Gear: Macbook Pro, Motu 828, Heavily Self Modded Audio 8, Mackie D.4 Pro, Maschine, Kontrol X1, APC40, LPK25