using a midi/usb keyboard with NI Maschine??

Default using a midi/usb keyboard with NI Maschine??

OK so, I have recently purchased The NI Maschine and I love it, such a powerful piece of equipment, the pads are great and I can use the Maschine in a keyboard mode to create some nice leads and synths etc but it is far from the ideal method. I have use Massive/FM8 and Absynth as plugins, also great. I am wanting to use a midi/usb keyboard to help generate these sounds etc, to able to play chords and so on.

Is it literally as simple as plug and play? I mean, once I've plugged in the keyboard through USB, what settings would i have to change? Once these changes have been done will i then be able to use the keyboard within the VST plugins.

Keyboard not yet purchased, any recommendations, ideally 25-50 key size = ]

I hope this makes sense, i would really appreciate and help on this, perhaps a step by step set up guide for using a midi/usb keyboard = ]

thanks in advance people = ]

Axiom pro 49 is the one I've been considering.

Well just a midi/usb keyboard I picked up the Novation SL49 MKII. You can pick up the smaller version as well. Awesome keyboard. I love it. It's simply plug and play.

The keyboard that you mentioned, the Novation SL49, have you used that within Maschine???

Thanks for the prompt reply everyone = ]

It's been a while since I've used a keyboard with Maschine because the pads in keyboard mode actually make sense to me, but IIRC, you just plug it in and it works.

If it's nice and new and has features, you probably should install the keyboard first. But, if it's a basic keyboard, you just plug it in.

With MIDI compliant devices, you just plug it in, go to audio/MIDI settings in Maschine and turn the MIDI device on.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

thats good to know, plug and play makes things so easy. i think I'm gonna buy my keyboard soon. nothing to expensive or intricate just something simple with pitch bend and modulation. Any recommendations? definitely thinking 25 keys now. I've been looking at the oxygen 25. any thoughts??

Keep in mind that the action of the keys is going to factor in hugely. It might not be on your radar now, but it's something that will become a deal breaker if you use the keys a lot.