What happens to a product key when you format?

Default What happens to a product key when you format?

Sorry if this is a basic question, but I've never formatted my computer before.

Does your computer automatically "un-attach" (for lack of a better expression) itself from the product key, allowing you to use the same product key when you re-install your operating system?

I have two computers installed with Traktor, and if I understand correctly that's the max. One of the computer is being formatted, so I'm wondering if I should uninstall Traktor, and whether I need to do anything else to use the same product key.

Thanks.

Once I had to deactivate one system to activate my new one. But I think its not necessary anymore. I cant remember that I had to do this procedere anymore.

Your traktor license is attached to credentials you created with NI when you originally installed the program. As long as you are logged into the service center it will allow you to redownload/register your products.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    Your traktor license is attached to credentials you created with NI when you originally installed the program. As long as you are logged into the service center it will allow you to redownload/register your products.
    Sorry, just to clarify, does that mean I don't have to uninstall and the network will know that I formatted my computer?

If you own a copy of the program with a valid license that you registered, you will have no issues nuking your pooter and reinstalling/validating your traktor install.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Great thanks.

Good question, I was going to ask too! Cheers
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A