Sennheiser Hd-25 VS Allen & Heath XD-53
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Sennheiser Hd-25 VS Allen & Heath XD-53

Oppinions?
    Producing heavy dustep, dnb, and some electro. Also wanna use for regular use and worried about sound from the outside entering, and exiting, if you know what i mean. Don't wanna hear other things, and don't want the people around me to hear my music.

More worried about sound quality for production. Need to be as accurate as possible.

I have the 53s, but I am biased. I love, or used to love, Allen and Heath.

They had the largest drivers at the time, not sure if this is still the case.

Anyway, I love mine. They are a little big on my head, but the sound more than makes up for the minor inconvenience.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

These are both great headphones but you'll get more sound isolation and more "truth" from the Senns. The A+H headphones sound great but they definitely add some punch.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

I own the XD-53s and they are imo the best dj headphones around. The HD25s are pretty wimpy sounding compared to them but people will tell you the hd25s have better isolation. I don't like on ear headphones in general and that's just my preference and anything with less than a 50mm drivers sounds weak to me.

If you need accuracy for production you shouldn't be using headphones at all since none will be really accurate, that's what studio monitors are for. Also, you have 53 posts right now so I think that is a sign as to what you should buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Also, you have 53 posts right now so I think that is a sign as to what you should buy.
    Made me laugh.

Oh and I've got the 53s and couldn't be happier, might not suit all head shapes though

Tech Mentor

i've never been a massive fan of the 25's. i had a pair when they came out. but sold them about 2 months later. I love the denon 2000's (i have a pair) but for the cash i think the sony 700's are a steal nowadays on ebay and have probably been my favourite dj headphones of all time. I was well sad when i snapped my trusted pair i'd had for 10 years, and after 3 repares. don't think i'll be able to repare them again though :-(
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeeZer View Post
    but for the cash i think the sony 700's are a steal nowadays on ebay
    Most of those are fakes...

The real ones are pretty mediocre anyway and are known to break so I would not bother.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Most of those are fakes...

The real ones are pretty mediocre anyway and are known to break so I would not bother.
    Can't comment on the fakes. like i said mine were about 10 years old. They were my second pair i'd ever bought and like i said i'd repaired them at least three times (last was wire ties)

However to say their mediocre was a bit harsh. Firstly they were industry standard for many years including after other headphones coming to market. The cup size and feel was almost perfect. The sound even though it wasn't the best i feel was/is good out of them.

The HD25's cup is way to small and sits on your head. The sound isolation is poor for a set of Dj headphones as some boothes are shit for club noise or monitors set incorrectly

The Denon's are great phones but at the price you'r way way above what a genuine pair of sony's should cost. The HD25's are closer but the cup and isolation problems i see completely make we want to save the cash and get a better product IMO.

I can't speak about the A&H's i did try a pair @BPM but couldn't really make a valid opinion due to only having them on for a few minutes.

I guess headphones are very personal at the end of the day
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

I got the 53's and am happy with them.

I think there is a lot of people produce using the sony 7506's

but I think the most important thing is to recognize the sound qualities of whatever headphones your using.

I think the 53's add low range that really isnt there and thats probably because they are a primarily dj headphone.

Whatever you pick, train your ears on different systems to compare what your hearing in the headphones and how that transfers.
    MPB - TP - TS Pro 2 - Audio 6 - Technics 1200mk2 - Xone 22 - xone53 - Kontrol X1 - Axiom 49 - M-audio C400

Tech Wizard

If you are using the xd-53s u won't hear any outside noise in general use but ppl around you are going to know exactly what u r listening to! Good for djing defo not for production and mine start to hurt my head after about 3 hrs use wiv both cups over ears, don't seem to do it when djing wiv mostly only one cup
    being used
    Traktor Pro 2 -/- Xone 92 -/- Audio 8 DJ -/- 2x Kontrol X1 -/- Maschine -/- Xone XD53 -/- KRK RP6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast