scratching & fading of music
    Tech Convert

Default scratching & fading of music

has anyone noticed that when do some minor scratching and teh fader is in the middle the song thats playing the volume kinda turns down on its own? i dont get it, do i need to adjust something??

thanks!

you could have the auto gain on the tracks so when you scratch the audio on the track playing goes down/.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Sounds like you have a midi mapping assignment problem there somewhere - im pretty sure autogain wouldnt do this.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    you could have the auto gain on the tracks so when you scratch the audio on the track playing goes down/.
    this seems to have worked as far as i can tell, ill do more testing but thanks for the help!

Tech Wizard

Autogain wouldn't do that, but if you're using an external mixer, it might have a 'dip' at the halfway point (a lot of mixing oriented mixers have this, whereas scratch mixers are set up with the curve as harsh as possible, and no dip in the middle). If you are using an external mixer, you might find it has different curve adjustments for different styles of mixing.

Fus