Setup Advice - Please Help!!
    Tech Student

Default Setup Advice - Please Help!!

Hello Guys....

Names DaBushar... I need yourhelp/input. I have the usual dj setup i.e 2cdj 850's and a DDM4000 mixer... So far ts great.

Now i want to setup the DDM4000 to use a laptop and Traktor software to mix digitally..

Now What do i need to setup the mixer and timecodes to reflect on tracktor ??

So far i have

2 Pioneer CDJ 850's
    1 DDM4000 Mixer
    1 Yamaha UX16 MIDI to USB cable

Help me setup

you can use your two cdj850 as midicontrollers to control 2 decks.
    your DDM4000 can also work as a midi-controller for the mixing section.

so you need nothing for a pure digital setup.

if you only want to control the decks digital and mix analog, you need an audio interface with so much channels as you want to use. (2-4)

Hey man

I believe you can use the USB ports in the back of your CDJs to hook directly into Traktor - this way the CDJ controls the software, and is the soundcard too.

There was a guy on these forums called Full English Pint who does something similiar...
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    if you only want to control the decks digital and mix analog, you need an audio interface with so much channels as you want to use. (2-4)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    your CDJs ... is the soundcard too.
    hehe yep, i forgot, the 850 are already an Audiointerface.

so you really need nothing

Tech Student

Thanx for the reply racoon... i was told i couldmapthe DDM4000 to Traktor Hence the Yamaha Midi Cable... But That Just Maps the Mixer into traktor.. What about the CDJ 850's ?? How will theyshowup in Traktor as the2 Decks?

The both cdj850 are using a USB connection between them and the pc and also make their midi controls over it.

Tech Student

So i can connect the 2 cdj's separatly to the laptop .. but where will i include them in traktor??

U go into Preferences and go to the controller manager tab, and then add new mapping or whatever it's called, and then u map it. Pretty simple, I think pioneer have mappings available on there site. You might also have to join the two sound cards, but I'm bot 100% sure how that works with the cdjs, i presume u would just use asio drivers and the they will show up as one sound card in traktor. If someone could clarify ad make sure I'm right that would be awesome.

Tech Student

mr drummer boy.. ok.. but i want the ddm to be the mixer.. and the 850sto be the timecodes. so that i can crossfade andimplement the ddm4000 .. Just using the 850's will make me use the mouse to crossfade and i want to use the mixer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    your DDM4000 can also work as a midi-controller for the mixing section.
    "DDM4000's MIDI OUT" -> "PC MIDI IN" = your mixer is your midicontroller for your INTERNAL TRAKTOR MIXER

"2x CDJ850 soundcard OUTPUT" -> "DDM4000 MIXER INPUT" = you have no need for an midicontroller for your INTERNAL TRAKTOR MIXER because you are mixing analog with your mixer (and can use all effects and so on)