Electribe EMX-1

Thread: Electribe EMX-1

Default Electribe EMX-1

I'm thinking of buying one of these guys, But ...

Can someone tell me the difference between the SD version and normal version ?
    I'm planning on trying to put together a full live minimal - techno set on this, Is it possible ?

Is the SD worth the extra money ? Or could i do it on the original and save a few bucks ?

Not sure if this is in the right place ...
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

I got one, it's great fun (though I don't play around with it as often as I should). And sure you can do full live sets with it, why not - will take a bit of preparation (apart from the actual music writing process), but it's definitely possible. Tarekith wrote a post about how to approach a hardware liveset on his blog >click me< (he's talking about Elektron grooveboxes, but the techniques are certainly applicable for everything else).

The SD-version is worth no extra money, the only advantage is that SD cards are easier to come by than SmartMedia (which for the EMX is fine, for ESX where an SD-card slot could have ment a real step-up it's sadly just as worthless).
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Thanks for the quick reply dude.

I'm pretty new to actual analog hardware, But i was wondering if i could connect the EMX to a roland MC-303 via midi to keep them in sync ? And then run both master outs into channels on a mixer ?
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25

Epic.

Thanks man.

You're welcome. And you just made me switch mine on and play around, thanks for that

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's an S MKII in the pawn shop here for $100, It's been sitting there for awhile.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'm on a serious student budget for this project of mine.

I'd be getting a x0xbox in stead of an mc-303 if i could. But oh well.