OHM 64 vs. Akai Apc40/80 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

I have absolutely no time to mod my apc40 with a 20. id gladly pay someone to do it

Took me 30mins....

Seriously!

Take off the 2 panels....1 off each controller.
    Put them together and turn upside down. Now put a piece of paper (big piece) over the back and mark where all the screw holes are.

Now you have a template. Get a piece of Aluminium sheet that will fit the back and lay the template on it and mark the holes. Then drill the holes.

Get 2 bolts of the suggested size and bolt the 2 controllers together.
    Now put the aluminium sheet on the back and put in the new screws you bought to fit the new depth.

Thats it.

Took me a day to prep....just getting the stuff during the course of the day and 30mins to actually do the job.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

Yea I've seen the video and agree of the DIY shit out there it's easy. Just don't have the tools, aluminum and the time.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADJ? View Post
    I will probably spray it up anyways. Come friday, I will let you guys know the review.
    How will you go about painting the APC? I've been thinking of modding my own APC for some time, and what I have generally heard is that one just has to sand it and then spray it. Will you go about doing something special?
    I would love to see how you mod it, when you get to that!

Tech Guru

The livid controllers have very tight integration as well, just wanted to point that out there. They made a max4live program for the block and it seems to work pretty well but never gotten a chance to try it.

Tech Mentor

Sorry to go a bit off topic but has anyone got any good videos of the apc 80 in use? There doesn't seem to be too many demos of them in use on the internet.
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

Tech Wizard

the typical ‘apc80’ works just like the two units do separately. two moveable sections around session view with the added step seq side of the apc20 and the knobs of the apc40.

editing them with special templates is entirely different

Quote Originally Posted by alexfells View Post
    Sorry to go a bit off topic but has anyone got any good videos of the apc 80 in use? There doesn't seem to be too many demos of them in use on the internet.

Huh?

Its an APC 40 and an APC 20......put together with a bolt.

In reality...they are still 2 seperate devices.

So have a look at them online. If you had these 2 devices next to each other...it the exact same as the 80.

Use it for Traktor...or Live.

Have a look at Controlled Demolition....he has a few vids of him using it.

Also on my Sig...you will find some youtube links.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12