Deck Stoppage.........WHY!
    Tech Wizard

Default Deck Stoppage.........WHY!

sometimes when im cueing up a track with the jog on my s4, itll stick and the track wont play.

yes ive calibrated, and no, its not the s4's fault...

im thinking something in the software isnt allowing the deck to play, because when trck is playing (or should be) the phase meter/reader/thing will go in and out showing its playing, but the track wont sound, and the waveform wont move, plus moving the jog wont move the waveform

**it freezes with sync on and when play is pressed, and the jog is released**

anyone have similar experience or suggestions?
    The Gear: MBP15", Dre Pros, TK S4, MPK32, Ableton Live, Logic 9, and other stuff
    Check the site: http://willisdaellenbach.com, Check the cloud: http://soundcloud.com/wdaellenbach

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think it's an S4 issue.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Happens to me as well occasionally. The only way I have found to get out of the freeze is to press an already set hot cue that is placed away from where the play marker is on the frozen track. Also, it only happens on deck B. Definitely not a cool issue.

Can anyone help us?

Tech Mentor

Sounds kind of like a problem I had when using the jogs on my VCI to scratch. If scratch is on, the deck will remain in play mode, but not advance at all. I don't know if that's how you have your S4 set up, but if it's not sending out a MIDI off (or if your SCRATCH ON command isn't set to hold), you could be stuck with Traktor thinking you're scratching...

Not sure if that's exactly the problem you're facing, but I hope it helps a little.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Banned

Work, and there are two girls intend to go back together, then, a girl said to another girl: how can you not go, so you do the frog?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_dB View Post
    Sounds kind of like a problem I had when using the jogs on my VCI to scratch. If scratch is on, the deck will remain in play mode, but not advance at all. I don't know if that's how you have your S4 set up, but if it's not sending out a MIDI off (or if your SCRATCH ON command isn't set to hold), you could be stuck with Traktor thinking you're scratching...

Not sure if that's exactly the problem you're facing, but I hope it helps a little.
    Thanks for the reply, it sounds like a similar problem, but when the track is stuck, moving the jog (scratch or bend) doesn't do anything. For the record, its the default mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by concer View Post
    Work, and there are two girls intend to go back together, then, a girl said to another girl: how can you not go, so you do the frog?
    Thank you concer, just what I was looking for!!

Tech Mentor

happened once to me with my s4 couldn't fix it until the next day when i unplugged everything and reconnected it back together. also used to have this problem with my denon s1200's