Backups for your set?
    Tech Mentor

Default Backups for your set?

Hi guys,

This is a thread started to discuss your key backup methods when a set doesn't go as planned!

For me, it was plain and simple. I have a 32 gig iTouch. I went to the appstore, paid 99 cents, and bought algorridim's Djay for iOS. Best 99 cents ever. Although the software is VERY rudimentary, it is possible to put together a decent set. This is a LIFE-SAVER if a setup goes down at my resident gig.

What's your backup option?

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

Tech Wizard

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Schoenhut-Key-First-Piano-Red/dp/B000IGEEC6/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1320967686&sr=1-2"]Amazon.com: Schoenhut 25 Key "My First Piano II" Red: Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41dZsFUyopL.@@AMEPARAM@@41dZsFUyopL[/ame]

I bring that along and jam-out any tunes by request should my primary gear fail

-- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by echo.ranger View Post
    Amazon.com: Schoenhut 25 Key "My First Piano II" Red: Toys & Games

I bring that along and jam-out any tunes by request should my primary gear fail

This is why I love this forum

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mart21har View Post
    Hi guys,

This is a thread started to discuss your key backup methods when a set doesn't go as planned!

For me, it was plain and simple. I have a 32 gig iTouch. I went to the appstore, paid 99 cents, and bought algorridim's Djay for iOS. Best 99 cents ever. Although the software is VERY rudimentary, it is possible to put together a decent set. This is a LIFE-SAVER if a setup goes down at my resident gig.

What's your backup option?
    I always have a bunch of MP3 CDs with a few of my previous weeks sets on them. I have them loaded in the CD players when im using my S4.

But i also have the same app as you and its ready to go at all times.

But now i want that little red piano.

Tech Mentor

This was my biggest concern when making the move from CD's. I have a Numark NDX 800 and I have a case full of CD's that I brought with me the first few gigs because I wanted to have everything with me. Then I started just bringing a 16gig Flash drive with essentials. I upgraded my comp to a 23" all-in-one and got a Xone DX controller so now I have my laptop and my old Numark Omni and an Audio 6 as a backup. My laptop has the exact same music as my main comp and I also have everything on an external HD. So I am pretty much covered if 1 component craps out.