Screen Capture and such...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Screen Capture and such...

My mission this weekend: finish tutorial videos for all my mappings and post for everyone to use.

My speed bump: I'd like to use a program to capture video of my screen, my built-in iSight, and external (or built-in) microphone. It'd be SWEET if I could use effects such as magnifying in on certain areas of the screen during the recording, but I'd be alright doing it in post as well.

Basically, I'd like to be able to produce videos similar to the more recent tutorials released by DJTT using Traktor side-by-side with a camera. And I'd like to do this as much LIVE as possible. (Never been a fan of post-editing with video :/ ) Thanks in advance!

PS. I'm running Snow Leopard.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Jing on PC is very good, I dont know if it is available in apple flavour.

not sure about some of the more advanced stuff…I think you'll have to do it in post, but Quick Time Player records screencasts on OS X. It's in the File menu on the Lion version of it…check and see if you can do it there.

Tech Guru

Tech Mentor

I tried QuicktimeX, but it only does the screen OR the cam. I was hoping for both. :/ Camtwist doesn't record itself (does it?). Pretty sure it's just a middle source, but Quicktime doesn't have the ability to use other internal sources in ver.X?
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Tech Guru

You can use quicktimebroadcaster (free) to record http://www.apple.com/quicktime/broadcaster/ . It will sit on top of camtwist no problem-o.

CamTwist is really awesome.

PS: run quicktime streaming server locally - click record to disk and then broadcast. It will record and relay to the local quicktime streaming server[1] which you can either let sit idle or tune in from other computers in real time, etc.

[1] http://dss.macosforge.org/
    Last edited by GeekGod; 11-11-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Tech Guru

Let me know if you need help with the setup. DSS can be intimidating at first but its pretty easy.

Tech Mentor

Not as much intimidating as confusing (at least for someone who doesn't usually do a lot of network config....aka ME. haha)...I've got a good feed from camtwist into broadcaster, and I've got "Record to Disk" checked, but when I hit "Broadcast" I get the error of not being able to connect. Could you maybe give me some sample configurations for broadcaster/dss? Thanks.

Without question, Screenflow is what you want.

http://www.telestream.net/screen-flow/

It's also amazingly intuitive for putting videos together. I've used it for all the commercial videos I've made. Well worth the $99.

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

I know back in the day when I was gaming, I used FRAPS.

Worked really well for what it did.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast