2x VCI-100 for Traktor 3

Default 2x VCI-100 for Traktor 3

Hi,

I've got a problem on my hands that I hope someone who has experienced this before can help me with. I've recently gathered with another aspiring digital DJ to try to get our Vestax VCI-100's to work simultaneously with Traktor 3, to create a setup to elegantly control 4 decks.

Because the devices send identical signals, we translate the MIDI signals of the second device to another channel (CH2) with MIDI-OX. Traktor was still confused cause of the two vestax inputs, so we put both VCI's through each a MIDI-YOKE channel. Now some controls work: the deck C & D equalizer and volume control responds perfectly to the second Vestax. But there's still very random stuff happening with the other buttons.

For instance: the effect knobs all work, but none of the effect buttons do. Even stranger is that the monitor cue buttons on the second vestax work if assigned to deck A in hold mode, but don't evoke any reaction in Traktor if assigned to deck C or D (and even B), or even if it's simply switched to toggle mode! On top of that, the jogwheels display utterly random behavior: sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. And so on and so on. Note that I've tried to map the device by copying the existing mapping to a CH2/deckC&D equivalent, as well as fucking around with the learn function.

I can't see any logical explanation anymore. Anyone experience with dealing with two identical devices? Recognize the description above? Does someone who knows more about Traktor 3, the VCI, MIDI-OX and/or MIDI-YOKE have any idea what's going on here or what can be done to let the two VCI's peacefully coexist?

Quote Originally Posted by Luys View Post
    Hi,

I've got a problem on my hands that I hope someone who has experienced this before can help me with. I've recently gathered with another aspiring digital DJ to try to get our Vestax VCI-100's to work simultaneously with Traktor 3, to create a setup to elegantly control 4 decks.

Because the devices send identical signals, we translate the MIDI signals of the second device to another channel (CH2) with MIDI-OX. Traktor was still confused cause of the two vestax inputs, so we put both VCI's through each a MIDI-YOKE channel. Now some controls work: the deck C & D equalizer and volume control responds perfectly to the second Vestax. But there's still very random stuff happening with the other buttons.

For instance: the effect knobs all work, but none of the effect buttons do. Even stranger is that the monitor cue buttons on the second vestax work if assigned to deck A in hold mode, but don't evoke any reaction in Traktor if assigned to deck C or D (and even B), or even if it's simply switched to toggle mode! On top of that, the jogwheels display utterly random behavior: sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. And so on and so on. Note that I've tried to map the device by copying the existing mapping to a CH2/deckC&D equivalent, as well as fucking around with the learn function.

I can't see any logical explanation anymore. Anyone experience with dealing with two identical devices? Recognize the description above? Does someone who knows more about Traktor 3, the VCI, MIDI-OX and/or MIDI-YOKE have any idea what's going on here or what can be done to let the two VCI's peacefully coexist?
    Be sure you have at least firmware 1.2 on both vci-100,and then read
    The Vestax supplemental sheet that came with your vci.
    or look at the picture;
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Black VCI-100 Mod firmware 1.3
    Presonus Firebox