A Capella question...

Default A Capella question...

So, I just thought that "hey, maybe a few a capellas would be cool to spice up my sets...", and figured out I could probably use the sample decks for that. So my plan now is to chop up a capellas in loops in ableton or something, warp them, export them (which should make the beatgriding easy, no?) and then I wonder if there's a way to load up multiple samples at once, like, save them in "groups" or something...

What's your thought on this? Is it easier to just learn how to cope with four decks and use cue points? Are there any other way you prefer playing a capellas? I've never done it so I'm open for your experiences. :-)

I have my samples at 128 bpm, and i don't know if you can sync them but i just throw them on the beat the best i can and that does the job.
    Don't know about loading multiple samples at once though.

Hm, I was thinking on looping like, verses and chorus, which would make the sync function quite important...

So, had a play around with the sample deck setup and wasn't very pleased. Think I might use my MIDI keyboard for deck C and D control instead, with the keys for cues, looping, some knobs for volume, filter and FX... Anyone disagrees and think sample decks are a better solution please convince me not to since I really don't enjoy mapping... :P

The latest traktor update available in the service centre allows you to have all your sample decks keylocked making the options and usability much more convenient.

Also the sample decks when on a loop will always sync to the master deck.
    I believe that one shots also sync to the master in the latest update. (not 100% sure on the latter)

So to the Op I think you are on track with your way of thinking. And an update to the latest version may just be what you need.

Loading multiple samples is not an option. But you could always make a playlist to group the one you want for quick finding

P.S. I use sample decks as much as I use a track deck for acapellas.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    The latest traktor update available in the service centre allows you to have all your sample decks keylocked making the options and usability much more convenient.

Also the sample decks when on a loop will always sync to the master deck.
    I believe that one shots also sync to the master in the latest update. (not 100% sure on the latter)

So to the Op I think you are on track with your way of thinking. And an update to the latest version may just be what you need.

Loading multiple samples is not an option. But you could always make a playlist to group the one you want for quick finding

P.S. I use sample decks as much as I use a track deck for acapellas.
    Thanks for the reply! Will update today to play around then. :-)