what midi controller did you start with? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

this was the controler i started playing with

I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

Personally, I'd prefer to have it portable, and able to fit alongside with my laptop. So something 25 key is preferable. However, 1 or 2 controller is fine. but anything else is just going to make my desk a clutter

Tech Mentor

I had an M-Audio Oxygen 49, and it just didn't feel right for me. I'd suggest a Novation Launchpad, and maybe an Alesis Q25, or an M-Audio Keyrig to go along with it. I started with just a launchpad for production, only about 2 months ago, and it did wonders for me, organizationally, and creatively. It's simple, intuitive, and effective. Hope i helped!(:

I love my Novation SL 49 MK II, I bought it for $300 brand new off Craigslist. I'd suggest getting the smaller version (the 25 key) off like Craigslist or something and see if you can get it for like $200. It's an awesome controller.

Here's a direct link to it:
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Novation...87-i1460805.gc

Novation Launchpad
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

Tech Wizard

mine first was a behringer bcd-3000, is a nice controller to learn on but you will like i did soon be needing an other one more to your personnel needs.
    But to start with its fine.
    2x Technics SL 1210 MK2 | Pioneer DJM-800 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 | NI Maschine | M-Audio Oxygen 8 V2 | Ableton Live 8 | Komplete 8 Ultimate | Komplete Audio 6 | Audio 10 DJ | Behringer Xenyx 1622 FX | MacBook 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Macbook Pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 www.djjeroenkrieger.com

Tech Guru

I started with the X-Session Pro.

Tech Mentor

Novation launchpad and korg nanokontrol. Best set up ever. Worked great for production and then got into using traktor later on and was the nicest set up.
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

Quote Originally Posted by alexfells View Post
    Novation launchpad and korg nanokontrol. Best set up ever. Worked great for production and then got into using traktor later on and was the nicest set up.
    Yeah for your budget, this....

Maybe a APC20 instead of the launchpad - if you prefer...
    SC | MC

I really think that the APC20/40 are completely useless for production.

They're great for Ableton Live based live pa sets and okay for DJing (though that use still doesn't make too much sense to me), but unless you're going to go with max4live as well and use one of the step sequencers that people have built…I don't see the point. And if you're going to do that, you might be better off with Maschine than Live. It can't do everything that Live can, but for what it can do, I think it's hands-down better.

YMMV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12