any photoshop users.... need some midi help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default any photoshop users.... need some midi help

do any of you use a midi controller to control stuff like colour, brush size etc..... and if soo how do you do it??

ive been looking for plug-ins and scripts to do this for a while and thought I might aswell come here... I have something like this for lightroom called paddy

but havent found a ps alternative... I want to run a korg nano kontrol2 with it put have no experience with glove pie.... thanks in advance, Steven.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

...... im sorry but why the hell would you need that. your only making everything harder to use.

Tech Guru

because it saves me moving my mouse for quick drawing, it means whilst keeping my mouse in the one place I can change colour shade, and size making it faster for me to draw and edit, i have buttons aswell that would be good for eraser, pen, pencil, brush selection means i can get rid of the tool select boxes and have a bigger work area.... better productivity
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

hmmm...interesting. I guess you know all the keyboard shortcuts and you're maxed on that?
    Opens some possibilities but doesn't seem obvious at first.
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    hmmm...interesting. I guess you know all the keyboard shortcuts and you're maxed on that?
    Opens some possibilities but doesn't seem obvious at first.
    I know where your coming from and do use a lot of shortcuts cut what I want to map is fadders for quick selection like to make a brush larger or harder it takes a lot of presses, if i have a fadder with the full range I can just move up and down as I create. Same would be helpfull with colour select but also a bit harder.

What kind of things are you wanting to control with the nano kontrol.. You could use midiox or something to convert the midi to keyboard shortcuts i guess?
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Guru

it would be to control adjustments like said above... brush size etc.... thought there may have been a program out there to do it but there isnt so it doesnt work as expected only way I can kind of do it is in bomes and that is to make it so that if i want a bigger brush I map it to a fadder 0 for smaller size, 127 for bigger size and then mapped to the corrisponding shortcut keys in photoshop which isnt that great... it means to make it smaller i have to keep hitting it down and bigger i keep hitting it up.

I know its sort of how I want it but maybe there is a way to do it so that moving the fadder up makes it gradually bigger to the max size and down makes it gradually smaller to the smallest size brush....??

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

[ will decrease brush size and ] will increase brush size. Or does that not do what you want?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

it does in a sence but it would of been nice to have it on a fader if possible meaning laptop could be out of the way and just need my mouse, nanokontrol and bigger monitor.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Personally I would invest in a pen tablet, but that's just me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast