Movie quote sampling

Default Movie quote sampling

Anybody out there have any good sources for little movie snippets/lines/themes they like to throw over their mix? I'm doing a watchmen theme to my next mix and I can't seem to find certain lines that I feel would fit very well. And besides, this could potentially start a nice little pool of info for people looking to add that extra little creative edge to their mix.

To start reelwavs.com and hark.com aren't bad, I forget if hark has direct download capability though
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

When I watch movies, I usually make a note of a line or something that stands out to me. I later replay the movie from the dvd and have the audio out go back into the audio in and record it in audacity. I guess I always have what I want in mind. I know on you tube there are a few "best of movie quote" videos on there. Horror, comedy, Arnold, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LuckyStrike502 he has quite a lot of old cool old films to sample (also good for VDJ snippets). Otherwise I usually do like killerfanatics, sample using Audacity/Ableton...

Loopmasters also has their Movie Dialogue packs.

http://www.loopmasters.com/search?ve...f=&qg=&x=0&y=0
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

route the audio through traktor.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

use those movie quote websites as a reference guide, but you should rip the audio from the actual source. that way your samples aren't bogus 64kbps turds like most the junk you'll find online.

i actually sampled the watchmen for a mix i did in 2009, check it out @ www.soundcloud.com/wrongchris

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by killerfanatics View Post
    When I watch movies, I usually make a note of a line or something that stands out to me. I later replay the movie from the dvd and have the audio out go back into the audio in and record it in audacity. I guess I always have what I want in mind. I know on you tube there are a few "best of movie quote" videos on there. Horror, comedy, Arnold, etc.

it also helps to pause the movie and jot down the time, so that you can pinpoint the quote more easily once you've opened up the audio rip in your audio editor.

Tech Wizard

www.dailywav.com often has good movie quote snippets, I've used their stuff before in sets
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    it also helps to pause the movie and jot down the time, so that you can pinpoint the quote more easily once you've opened up the audio rip in your audio editor.
    Or punch in the recording in real time.

If you're on OS X, get Soundflower and set it as the system output device, route it into your DAW with input monitoring on and the DAW's output going somewhere you can hear…when it gets close to the quote you want (you can use DVD Player or iTunes or QT or VLC or anything really) scrub to a bit before the start, hit record…wait through the sample…stop recording…then you're trimming and cleaning.