animation programs similar to ableton or step sequencer?

Default animation programs similar to ableton or step sequencer?

the VJing article on the main page reminded me of something i always wanted to try out - animation. basic scenario for what i would like to try - with photos or scans of hand drawn material be able to sync at various tempo resolutions a succession of images to midi clock. im not looking to do smooth animation or anything like that i just want to be able to do stuff like take 4 drawings and alterations of those 4 frames and sync it to a quarter beat. almost like a midi synced photo slide... anyone have a suggestion for that sort of desire or does that not exist?

<insert obnoxious bump>

anyone?

I haven't looked into it much, but I think Resolume can achieve something similar.

Edit: Just read that article, buried by the others. I'm going to do more research on this.
    Last edited by Onimode; 11-17-2011 at 02:01 AM.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

seems like an interesting program once you have videos, but im wondering if anyone here can recommend from experience a program to make the videos

Tech Guru

macromedia (adobe) flash? not sure about the latest version only ever used the 2004 and that was pretty complex.... these days it might do what you require..... there is a very very steep learning curve for it though... but then again so does ableton..
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.