Is it just my graphics card i need to upgrade?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Is it just my graphics card i need to upgrade?

Hi guy

Any games out there that know about pc's?

I have e a computer but when playing games like call of duty and battlefield i cant play them on best quality without there being a big lag and slow game feel

Is it just my graphics card i need to upgrade??

This is the spec of the computer
    Windows 7 ultimate
    Ram: 4GB
    64 bit os
    CPU: Intel Core2 Quad CPU @2.50 ghz
    Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Also what motherboard could i buy that i could fit everything i have with more dim slots/?

hope some one can enlighten me

Soundcloud sounds!
    Twits and tweets!

Your specs are fine, it just sounds like you need a fresh install of win7 or you need to do some serious decrapifing and system optimization. i highly suggest running the djtt win7 optimization script before gaming, it makes a big difference in framerate

really? I'd say both your cpu and graphics card are pretty low spec for modern games like BF3 and MW3. I've got a Core2Duo E8600 overclocked at 3.5ghz (fastest C2D you can get) with a GT210... I wouldn't even try running BF3 on that. Admittedly, games like BF3 will use your quadcore to better effect these days but it's still no match for a modern i5/i7 (imho at least)

so maybe buy a new graphics card see how it performs and then look into upgrading the motherboard with a new processor?

Soundcloud sounds!
    Twits and tweets!

Tech Wizard

You're not going to be able to play newer games at the best specs with that system. I'm running a 6 year old system that I've slowly upgraded over time, and right now I am thankfully playing Skyrim on Medium. I am running a 8800 gt and a AMD 4200+ dual core processor. Of course, I don't like to spend tons of dough on systems.

I think your cpu is fine, but I would prolly go with a gpu upgrade first if you want to try and play at better settings.
    I dj under the Threetall Alias, and blog.
    Check out my stuff:
    http://soundcloud.com/threetall,
    http://threetall.tumblr.com/

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    decrapifing
    ...is a word that i have just added to my vocabulary. Thank you

nah the computer has bare minimum on it and i use software to clear it

i was looking at getting this graphics card
    [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-GeForce-560TI-DirectCUII-Graphics/dp/B004K8R8DA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Asus 1GB GeForce GTX 560TI DirectCUII PCI-E Graphics Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LycqmrrXL.@@AMEPARAM@@51LycqmrrXL[/ame]

I dont know anything about it really but review are good and guessing it will be better than my crap one

Soundcloud sounds!
    Twits and tweets!

your PC is fine except this incredibly not gaming orientated graphicscard of a G220 when you upgrade keep in mind thought that basic systems like that usually have very weak PSUs installed and you might wanna figure out what it can output and what kind of connections it sports. the G220 from what i recall from the top of my head uses no additional power connectors while for example the 560Ti requires your PSU to at least have 2x 6pin power connectors.

oh god dam yeah myn dosnt have and 6 pin :/

hmm so if i buy new psu and new graphics card... should run better

then later next year could upgrade motherboard, cpu and ram

Soundcloud sounds!
    Twits and tweets!

Quote Originally Posted by cmster View Post
    nah the computer has bare minimum on it and i use software to clear it

i was looking at getting this graphics card
    Asus 1GB GeForce GTX 560TI DirectCUII PCI-E Graphics Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I dont know anything about it really but review are good and guessing it will be better than my crap one
    I'd recommend getting a GTX 460 instead, it's better value for the money, and should be capable of running modern games at a decent setting.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast