Gig Music Advice (Commercial/Mainstream EDM Tracks)
    Tech Wizard

Default Gig Music Advice (Commercial/Mainstream EDM Tracks)

Need some help from fellow DJTECHTOOL-ians... I'm playing at a club/lounge this weekend and have been asked to play more commerical EDM for a trendier/maybe more crowd, stuff with vocals, recognizable and all that.

I've been a bit behind on the commercial side of things and my collection is primarily underground house music so wanted to ask for any must-play tracks or stuff that would work well for this kind of crowd and atmosphere. I'm doing my own digginig as well but this was kind of last minute so thought I'd ask for help from you helpful folks. Thanks in advance !

Tech Wizard

Bump. Any worthy tracks lol? Limited on time so any input/direction would be appreciated!

Tech Mentor

Yeah I don't know... scourge the beatport top 10-100? Look at some trendy charts? Top 40's etc

Yep, Beatport top 10-100 for Electro/Prog House Genres should get you started well enough. At least, that's where I'd start.

Then Billboard Top 40, take every song and google search it adding the suffix: "Remix".

Tech Mentor

Avicii - Levels
    Swedish House Mafia - Save The World
    Tim Berg - Seek Bromance [Avicii's Arena Mix]
    Afrojack & Eva Simons - Take Over Control
    Starkillers, Alex Kenji, Nadia Ali - Pressure [Alesso Remix]
    Calvin Harris - Feel So Close
    Dirty South - Coming Home
    Dirty South & Thomas Gold - Alive
    Alesso - Good Love
    Calvin Harris & Rihanna - We Found Love
    Bingo Players - Cry (Just A Little)
    Martin Solveig & Dragonette - Hello
    Calvin Harris - Bounce
    Coldplay - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall [Swedish House Mafia Remix]
    Coldplay - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall [Avicii's "Tour" Mix]
    Coldplay - Paradise [Fedde Le Grand Remix]
    Fedde Le Grand - So Much Love
    Dada Life - Happy Violence
    Green Velvet - Flash [Nicky Romero Remix]

Those are just a handful of tracks that I've heard just about every "superstar" DJ that I've seen in the last year drop at least once. All pretty mainstream, there is also COUNTLESS remixes to almost all of them so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding versions that are more your style. Good luck brotha!

http://www.beatport.com/genre/progre...use/15/top-100

I will reserve my comments about a chunk of the music on there.

I usually have a browse around http://www.djmebbe.com/volumes/ here for commercial stuff. He's pretty good at picking it up.

Tech Wizard

Apologies for the super delay I didn't even get messages saying that there were replies, thanks for the detailed replies everyone!

I did scourge Beatport and such, and managed to put together a decent set, it was a good night and quite a few people showed up as the night went on, there weren't too many at the point I was playing at but still all good.

Here's the set if anyone is interested: http://www.sendspace.com/file/55orzy

There are a few mistakes here and there since this isn't my style and I didn't edit anything so it's all live, plus I couldn't use my proper setup so was a bit restricted, but any feedback would be appreciated!

Congrats on being offered, and taking a gig that you don't have music for. Hopefully you embarrassed your self a little bit.

Tech Wizard

Hahah thanks, yeah feel free to check out the mix and let me know, it's nice and cheesy lol