Anyone ever heard of Afton?

Default Anyone ever heard of Afton?

Was contacted by them about booking seems kind of sketchy...would like to get some more information about them
    DJ: Numark Total Control, Numark DJ/IO Sound Card, Gemeni PMX 60 Mixer, Ipod Touch, Traktor LE
    Production: Sony Acid Xpress 7.0, Audacity, Anything Free

Tech Mentor

here's their myspace http://www.myspace.com/afton
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

It's not a band it's a promotional company of some sort http://www.aftonshows.com/
    DJ: Numark Total Control, Numark DJ/IO Sound Card, Gemeni PMX 60 Mixer, Ipod Touch, Traktor LE

Tech Mentor

i'd give it a go. see what they have to offer. i guess. unless you've got to many gigs at the moment that is. Of course it's going to be a marketing scheme where they want you to work and they make money but if it gets gigs then go for it i guess
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Yeah pretty much what I figured, preciate it...honestly not really looking for gigs mostly because I'm pretty intent on graduate college at the moment but I just got a random message on my soundcloud account (which hasn't been updated in a year) about them "liking my sound" and wanting to book gigs for me. kind of confusing haha more of just wondering what their deal was than anything

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

They'll probably want you to pay them for their service and depend on you promoting shows.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i used to be in a metal band and we were were contacted by afton. they wanted us to play at a decent venue around here (raleigh, NC) so we went for it. we ended up being there all sunday night and played at 1 am. they sent us 21 dollars for our trouble. don't ever deal with them man, its a waste of time.