Pioneer HDJ-1000 Limited BLACK
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pioneer HDJ-1000 Limited BLACK

Hey anyone got these cans? The new updated ones in black? Looking to pick one up for backup, I heard these sound better than the original 1000's (SILVER)

Limited:

Thanks

I like, a lot,

But like with the fools gold TMA-1's they will cost a fortune.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

My only experience with HDJ-1000s is when my friend (yes friend) threw his at me in a rage. They hit my chest and broke in half.

Mean while my Senns just bounced off him.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    My only experience with HDJ-1000s is when my friend (yes friend) threw his at me in a rage. They hit my chest and broke in half.

Mean while my Senns just bounced off him.
    Maybe that's why they made the HDJ-2000 in that weird metal/plastic combination, I'd keep my head down from now on.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

I can confirm that the ltd black ones sound A LOT better than the original ones.
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

pioneer were the last pair of dj headphones that served me for about a year held toether with duct tape and superglue until the headband inevitably broke, I replaced them with denon HP -1000's they are amazing in comparison, extremely comfortable, great sound stage with nice mid high almost like a monitor headphone and bass that you can hear not feel, but wont burst your eardrums, pretty solid construction, compared to the pioneers's which are extremely tight against your head which hurt after an hour or so, the sound stage is terrible as it is pumped into your eardrum millimeters from your ear through bass and mid heavy drivers that you can feel pounding against your skull, and the bit that connects the speakers to the body is very fragile, I'd shop around for something else, I have also heard on other forums that the monster beats - beats pro, are amazing from reliable sources.. still have my denons after a year of abuse, I will wait to see if they break after my standard time of 1.5 years, then look at beats pro..

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    pioneer were the last pair of dj headphones that served me for about a year held toether with duct tape and superglue until the headband inevitably broke, I replaced them with denon HP -1000's they are amazing in comparison, extremely comfortable, great sound stage with nice mid high almost like a monitor headphone and bass that you can hear not feel, but wont burst your eardrums, pretty solid construction, compared to the pioneers's which are extremely tight against your head which hurt after an hour or so, the sound stage is terrible as it is pumped into your eardrum millimeters from your ear through bass and mid heavy drivers that you can feel pounding against your skull, and the bit that connects the speakers to the body is very fragile, I'd shop around for something else, I have also heard on other forums that the monster beats - beats pro, are amazing from reliable sources.. still have my denons after a year of abuse, I will wait to see if they break after my standard time of 1.5 years, then look at beats pro..
    My mate has the new beats pro and i love them to bits, they dont feel as if they're going to snap everytime you fold them, no more need to turn them on or put batteries in them, you can have the cable either side of your ear, they are heavy and tight, but not too tight, its the weight of them that keeps them on your head

Only used them for an hour or so, and have never tried any other premium headphones (i.e HDJ2k) for a comparison, but i love these.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Wizard

Honestly, I can't tell the difference w/ the Black ones VS the Silver ones. I'm currently borrowing my friend's Black ones since my silvers broke a few mos ago and they sound the same. I have currently found (imho) the best headphones Pioneer has ever made, the SEDJ 5000 on Amazon and can't wait for them to come in the mail this week. I cried when I lost my pair 8yrs ago. Anyways...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    I like, a lot,

But like with the fools gold TMA-1's they will cost a fortune.

Found my TMA-1's for $150 new....dont think they can be beat at that price
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

I just ordered the black ones on Amazon, they look sleek.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast