Technics sl-1210 mk2 I bought not so long ago..
    Tech Wizard

Default Technics sl-1210 mk2 I bought not so long ago..

I'd like to know what you guys think of this.

I bought 2 technics sl-1210 mk2 about a year ago, they look quite old when you look at them, the dots on the platter are not shiny anymore and the tonearm is really stuck when i try to adjust the height (kind of got it moving a little using a hairdryer) , i was able to tell that one of them were made in 2003 and the other one in 2005 (by looking at the serial number), don't know if that means they're really old, let me know what you think about them, was that a good deal for 340 GBP (540$) for both ? I'll post some pics later this day if you want to see them.

Another thing, the pitch slider. I was having hard time mixing with regular vinyl at the very beginning (probably because i was just starting and aswell because of the issue noted below), and about 3 months later decided to buy traktor scratch pro, just because i couldn't spend anymore money on vinyl, also it is a pain to carry them around, i was about to move far away from where i bought all this dj stuff, and also buying vinyl in the country i live now is like 4 times more expensive... So going back to what i want to say, when i started mixing with traktor, i've noticed one thing, that both of my tt's have two zero points, i was so worried at that time, but later realized it's not too hard to get this fixed, so i fixed both of my tt's pitch sliders to have the proper pitch adjustment with only one zero point and an exact ±8% speed range. And guess what, after 1 month i see i got two zero points on one of my tt's again. Well, I don't know what to do now, should I adjust them again? What if this happens again? And I'm not saying this makes my mixing a lot harder, it's ok, as long as I don't mix with regular vinyl, well I don't do actually, but you know, I'd still like to have my pitch working all fine. Any thoughts on this?

And thanks! Not a long time since i registered on this forum and i find it really useful
    Last edited by virmantas; 11-16-2011 at 04:08 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
    Post pics if u get a chance.. Ill post pics of mine today or tomorrow to show u how beat up mine looks..

As for the zero pitch thing - im not sure what u mean exactly? Can u post a vid or something that shows the problem? Are u saying that one tt has 2 points on the slider that make the red lights look to be in the 0 position? Or is it audibly noticeable that u have two 0 points? Are u talking aout one tt or both? Itd be surprising if both had the exact same problem.

Sorry maybe its just too early for me to process what u wrote above lol so i apologize if these answers are in ur orig message..

EDIT - i reread ur explanation and see u only have the issue on one tt.. Where do u see 2 zero pitch points tho? Via traktors bpm readout? Or the technics red lights?
    yeah i had this problem on both of them when i bought them, but managed to fix this following a tutorial i found online, as i wrote i got the same issue in about 1 month from when i fixed them, so i think it's likely to happen again and again if i fix it, isn't it? i will post pics of my tts soon. thanks for the answers!

EDIT - about the two zero points, it's visible on the red dots and in the traktor BPM reader aswell
    Last edited by virmantas; 11-16-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Tech Wizard

well u see now, yours are working properly but mine got two zeros in one month after calibrating it, despite the good looks. still don't know what to do with that, maybe just leave it like it is...