Traktor's Favorite Section - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    I just want better iTunes integration. VDJ has it good in that regard....
    I have requested a split browser like the one in VDJ a number of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I
    Have
    A
    List
    As
    Long
    As
    My
    Arm
    About
    UI
    And
    Browser
    Improvements.

Dont get me started, especially on things like Playlist Dividers, Colour coded playlist sections. A split browser like VDJ i could go on and on.
    Is there any help the DJTT community can offer to try and convince NI to address these issues? I whole heartedly agree that the browser interface is archaic and unintuitive, its well overdue for a complete overhaul. Perhaps a petition or something? A few thousand signatures might drive the point home.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I wish it were that easy. The impression I get from NI is that they're pretty headstrong and once they get focused on something they're not going to change track easily. I'm not sure what they're focused on right now, but I doubt it's the UI. I have read between the lines in a couple of places and do think the UI will be improved, but I don't think it'll come in the next couple of updates. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

+1 for more favorite slots. Actually, all I really want is built-in smart playlists. They already seem to do this inside the track collection tree. All of the genre, artist, etc folders in there automatically update when new tracks are added. We just need them to polish up a ui for adding your own. Back on the subject of favorites, I don't use them much except for playlists I'm actively working on and the preparation list.

One thing I tried to do hoping it would just work, was dragging a search input to a favorites slot. It didn't do anything but it would be awesome if that was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Perhaps a petition or something? A few thousand signatures might drive the point home.
    Nah mate thats the one thing that will turn NI off the idea... They hate that kinda thing and i dont blame them.

What people could do is, if they have any good ideas they should post them in the Features Suggestions Subforum on the NI website.

I have forwarded lot of ideas in fact i submitted 2 Improvement requests today.

The Developers have their own road map but they do listen.

Everyone knows that the Browser needs a huge overhaul and it is discussed on the Beta Team but what id say is over the passed few years features like the Sampler have taken priority. I think its time to leave the top half of Traktor and concentrate on the bottom half cus ive got all i need in the top half now.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Nah mate thats the one thing that will turn NI off the idea... They hate that kinda thing and i dont blame them.
    Lol! Talk about bone headed! "we dont listen to our users, infact we actively ignore them, especially when they want us to do something productive with our software"

If you are right, and ive no reason to dis-believe you, that is pretty shitty management. Reminds me of autodesk . . .
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

i use the favourites all the time, I have: new unsorted, funky, deep, tech, 90's, electro, last week set, and one for requests on the night, the others i keep empty for preparing sets for nights.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

i have one for processing, ungridded tracks and such. one is my "dj bag" as suggested by ean. the others are my genre crates.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I have a list of suggestions and UI problems all with a small description text. Gonna make a separate thread here one of these days.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Lol! Talk about bone headed! "we dont listen to our users, infact we actively ignore them, especially when they want us to do something productive with our software"

If you are right, and ive no reason to dis-believe you, that is pretty shitty management. Reminds me of autodesk . . .
    I don't think thats a fair representation of NI at all and your quote misrepresents what I said.
    They do listen to customers. Through the forum and people making Feature Requests not stamping their feet and making petitions.

That "few thousand signatures" you talk of just need to be a lot of +1's on a Features Thread. It would work better than a petition because it is part of how NI develop Traktor.

It also breaks a pretty standard rule of the NI forum to "exert pressure on NI".
    A petition could be about anything. This is wholly different to hoards of people giving +1 to a thread that has been developed and discussed by many members.

Believe it or not some people post Feature Requests at NI as if theirs and our lives depend on something happening only to find out that the majority of users actually disagree. An example being "Shuffle Mode". Every now and again someone posts this request like its something that they cannot live without and make a huge fuss about it and time after time the user-base bats it off as unnecessary.

Extra Favourite Slots have never actually been requested (that i can remember) but NI implemented 2 more in PRO.
    Make Feature Request and see if it gets some +1's but a petition...??? about such a small matter, thats a bit dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    I have a list of suggestions and UI problems all with a small description text. Gonna make a separate thread here one of these days.
    I would be very happy to hear them. The Browser is my pet project but, it would be good to post it at the NI Feature Suggestion subforum as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast