Google Music Market artists hub - interesting for releasing your own music?
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Default Google Music Market artists hub - interesting for releasing your own music?

Google held the Google Music event yesterday where they introduced the new Google Music Market. It is Goog's counterpart to the iTunes Store.

What might be interesting for some of us is the artists hub. For a one-time fee of $25 US you can offer your music in the market and get your own artists-page. You keep 70% of what you take in. --http://music.google.com/artists/

Since I haven't had much contact with that subject what do you have to say about this offer?

The two things that stink is that its currently US-only and the payment options (only creditcard and Google checkout up until now).
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Well, if it was a year or two back I'd say it's great, but seems like Google f'ed up some big ventures, ie. google+, which at least here in Sweden never took off... Seems like keeping 70% is kinda big though, and $25 isn't that much to be honest. Will have a look when it comes to us northern Europeans... Will see what the more beeskneesminded people in here say first though.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I signed up for an artist account which worked despite me not living in the US (without proxy).
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Hm. Might give it a shot then.

About it on mixmag, apparently Tiesto did some big thing again.
    http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/tiesto-on-google-music

"The new service, which was launched to rival iTunes, offers a mixture of streaming, downloads and social media, syncing users' entire music library across their devices."

That sounds like crap though. Don't really get the point of it. Spotify was good, then got a pointless function of importing your music which no one used and the integrated with facebook that kinda sucked. Also tried to create some sort of store integration which sucked. Do one thing and do it well, is my advice... :-/

Edit: How did you sign up? I only get "We're sorry. Google Music is currently only available in the United States" when trying music.google.com